Job ID: 485040
Idaho Materials & Construction, is a CRH Company. Our purpose, commitment to the future, and formula for growth is to champion the safety, empowerment, and development of our employees. We strive to be The Preferred Source of quality sand, rock, landscape products, ready-mixed concrete, asphalt, paving and construction services. We succeed as a team by embracing integrity, mutual respect, innovation, service, sustainability, and financial strength.
Last Revised Date:
Whether you're looking for an opportunity to break into the construction industry, or looking for the next step in your career, our team can provide you with a fun and challenging opportunity to grow with an industry leader. In this role, you'll drive dump trucks, belly dumps or other types of trucks to various job sites in the area. Each day provides you with a different adventure as you work helping to improve and build up the community, we live in. You'll play an integral part as we stand together to reinvent the way our world is built.
If you're someone that takes pride in your work, and enjoys a new challenge each day, then you'll feel right at home here with our family. Limited experience? No worries! We'll assist with training to provide you with the skills you need to be successful. If you've got the drive, we'll help you to reach your goals.
Wage: $20 - 24/hr DOE w/ potential for overtime
Shift:Primarily work 10 hours per day, 5 days per week. Will also be required to work more hours, per DOT regulations, and up to 7 days per week as needed during the busy construction season.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Home Every Night!
- Peak Season Pay Offered June 1st - October 31st
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 401k with 5% company match & profit sharing
- Potential for Overtime
- Performance-Based Pay Structure - Work Hard Play Hard!
- Annual Performance & Dedication Bonus
- Strong Safety Culture - When we SEE something, we will STOP, and DO something.
- Opportunities for Internal Mobility
- Professional Development Opportunities
- Training Provided
- Employee Assistance Program
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short- & Long-Term Disability
- Earn More with our Employee Referral Program
- Company Discounts on products, goods, services, electronics, automotive, travel & more!
- Opportunities for Community Engagement
- Operate equipment safely and efficiently by utilizing equipment within its designed parameters.
- Perform pre-trip and post-trip inspection of vehicle to ensure safe operational order and report maintenance or repair issues.
- Be able to ingress and egress truck by navigating 2 steps with grab bars present.
- Be able to manipulate truck steering wheel (power steering), shifter and other various levers and knobs necessary for operation of truck and associated equipment.
- Operate aggregate truck to deliver to construction sites, as specified, in a safe and efficient manner, obeying applicable laws and following dispatch instructions.
- Maintain communication with Dispatcher as necessary regarding deliveries. Check delivery tickets for special instructions and complete as required.
- Monitor various gauges during operation of vehicle, investigate abnormalities and perform operator maintenance and minor field repairs.
- Maintain operator logs, forms, and records in accordance with company policy and Department of Transportation regulations.
- Complete report of problems or necessary repairs and forward to maintenance personnel. Detect and report improper operation, faulty equipment, defective materials, and unusual conditions to proper supervision.
- Maintain work area and vehicle in a clean and orderly condition.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Routinely assist other members of the work force in different areas of production.
- Take action to avoid potential hazards or obstructions.
- Other tasks and duties as assigned to meet business needs.
- Regular and timely attendance.
- Participate in and promote an inclusive work environment.
- Thorough operational knowledge and skills of end dumps and/or belly dumps (with and without pups) and related equipment to be operated.
- Knowledge of different types and sizes of aggregates.
- Ability for maneuvering and backing with pup trailer.
- Connect and disconnect pup trailer.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Any requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; and one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Certificates, License, Registrations
- Must possess a valid state commercial driver's license (CDL) Class A with appropriate endorsements.
- Must possess a valid Medical Card as per DOT standard.
- Safety minded professional who demonstrates good performance and attendance.
- Demonstrates the ability to work independently, without direct supervision.
- Demonstrates a willingness to work overtime and weekends/holidays.
- Demonstrates ability to work and communicate well with Supervisors, Truck Drivers, Heavy Equipment Operators, and other employees.
- Demonstrates the ability to conform to and maintain OSHA, MSHA, DOT and all other company or state rules and regulations.
- Demonstrates the ability to follow written and/or verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates the willingness to learn and work a variety of job tasks.
- Must have good depth perception and coordination to operate machine controls.
- May be subject drug and alcohol, medical exams and physical agilities testing.
- Ability to communicate using two-way radio.
- Basic math
- Basic computer skills preferred
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Teamwork - Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Judgment - Exhibits sound and accurate judgment.
- Planning/Organizing - Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation - Generates suggestions for improving work.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed, but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is frequently required to sit, climb, and use hands to signal and handle equipment. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, crawl, kneel, bend, and reach with hands and arms above their shoulders. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move anywhere up to 50-75 lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.Work Environment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; outside weather conditions; and extreme cold and/or heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
Idaho Materials & Construction, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: Dec 2, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Idaho Nearest Secondary Market:
Twin Falls Job Segment:
Construction, Equipment Operator, Engineering, Manufacturing
This job has expired.