Technology Strategy & Innovation Lead, Marsh Labs
Marsh Labs identifies, incubates, and prototypes new products that are expected to have significant strategic impact in the risk management industry. In addition, the team supports corporate strategy and innovation by identifying and anticipating key game changing technology, business and market trends.
A typical day will involve:
- Creating and architecting concepts around the use of advanced technology to risk management and risk transfer.
- Leading engineering teams to develop & deploy pilots around emerging technologies such as artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, blockchain, DeFi, cloud computing, and cybersecurity.
- Research and keep up to date with emerging tech and related market/industry trends
- Interfacing with internal stakeholders including business, product and engineering teams to evangelize and advance key strategic initiatives.
- External ecosystem outreach including insurtechs or related startups, industry innovation groups and academia.
- Writing thought pieces and communicating thoughtfully and persuasively through a wide variety of channels including social media, industry publications/conferences.
- Lead an area of "future-proofing" Marsh through technology research, ecosystem scouting and product incubation. Recent areas of development in Marsh Labs have included digital insurance platforms, fleet telematics, synthetic data lakes, MLOps and crypto DeFi projects.
- Own top-to-down vision on both innovation and technology strategy on key emerging topics and themes.
- Kickstart and evangelize new strategic initiatives and work to get them funded as growth segments.
- Ability to evaluate emerging technology stacks and vendors and provide key technology strategy decisions for adoption.
- Ability to drive a global software team to deliver key advanced technology components as needed to showcase emerging concepts.
- Keep an active pulse on key innovation trends and market disruptors in the insurance space.
- Serve as a visible thought leader in the industry through various engagements including conferences, thought leadership pieces in industry publications, social media channels
- Evangelize key topics to both internal and external audiences at both practitioner and executive levels.
- Develop relationships with key ecosystem players in area of tech expertise.
- B.S., Masters or Ph.D. in engineering, computer science or technical field and 10+ years of software development experience in an enterprise environment or high tech.
- Prior experience leading advanced technology development ideally with production implementations in the field.
- Experience working with three or more of the following: cloud computing, web/mobile application development, distributed and parallel systems, machine learning, natural language processing, big data, large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Love for coding and hand-on development of new advanced technologies.
- Strong ability to handle multiple parallel initiatives.
- Work autonomously and build projects from start to finish.
- Experience working under high degree of ambiguity.
- Excellent communication and collaborative skills.
What's in it for you:
- Prior experience in the risk management, insurance or financial services is a plus.
- Understanding of emerging fintech and insurtech technical stacks.
- Great culture, talented team, great leadership
- Standard MMC Salary Package
- Standard MMC Colleague Benefits
- Work in a diverse culture and global team
- Grow in culture focused on training and mentoring
Marsh & McLennan(NYSE: MMC) is the world's leading professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. The Company's 76,000 colleagues advise clients in over 130 countries. With annualized revenue approaching$17 billion,Marsh & McLennanhelps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses.Marshadvises individual and commercial clients of all sizes on insurance broking and innovative risk management solutions.Guy Carpenterdevelops advanced risk, reinsurance and capital strategies that help clients grow profitably and pursue emerging opportunities.Mercerdelivers advice and technology-driven solutions that help organizations meet the health, wealth and career needs of a changing workforce.Oliver Wymanserves as a critical strategic, economic and brand advisor to private sector and governmental clients. For more information, visitmmc.com, follow us onLinkedInand Twitter@mmc_globalor subscribe toBRINK.
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliatesare EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
This job has expired.