Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has a career opportunity for a self-motivated and experienced Structural Designer to join our Mountain Region Design Center team in Phoenix. AZ. The successful candidate will work closely with engineers to create, update, and revise construction drawings of structural systems. Project work will include to create 3D Models and 2D CAD drawings of structural steel framing, reinforced concrete, and various related details.
This position will report to the Structural Service Line Lead for the Mountain Region Design Center and will be located in Phoenix, AZ.
Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established engineering consulting firm that values its employee's enthusiasm and technical contributions? We encourage you to apply for this opportunity. We are dedicated to providing the atmosphere to allow individuals to grow their career. We offer a varied and interesting diversity of clients and projects. We'd love you to join our team of friendly, hard-working, dedicated and collaborative professionals. Our ideal candidate is seeking challenging work and is committed to quality.
- Modeling, detailing, documenting and verifying structural drawings, or complete related assemblies
- Create 3-D models, depicting relationship of component and parts, identifying dimensions, design requirements, tolerances and materials
- Preparing Drawing Bills of Materials
- Analyzing the effect of proposed changes for proper fit and/or interference problems
- Recommending workable solutions or alternate construction and modifying drawings as required
- Coordination with other discipline designers
- Requires use of computers, proficient using 3D CAD design; proficient using complete Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, etc.), proficient with email system, Microsoft Outlook preferred
Skills / Qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in the A&E industry with primary focus on structural and/or architectural CAD work
- Two-year technical certificate or experience/coursework directly related to the job responsibilities described above
- Proficiency using current version of AutoCAD and/or Revit
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability and willingness to work cooperatively with project team members in a high-energy working environment that encourages self-initiative
- A flexible working style and willingness to modify personal schedules when required to meet deadlines and client needs
- Must pass drug test and background check
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.