The Strategic Marketing Manager is an individual contributor position responsible for the strategic development and execution of the strategic marketing plan based on market analysis and integration with Boston Gear strategies. Responsibilities will include market research, competitor analysis, pricing analysis and recommendations and strategy development. Working closely with senior leadership, the Strategic Marketing Manager conducts analysis and coordinates the internal resources needed to develop the market-based business strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor, analyze, and proactively communicate market trends including technology, product and service, market, channel, price, and competitive trends.
- Lead market research activities to discover new insights and participates in voice of customer (VOC) data collection and analysis.
- Develop and maintain market maps (mekkos), price/value maps, and other tools as needed to describe the market and gain insights.
- Completes research and analysis on current and potential products in various markets.
- Use market knowledge and insights to create strategies for growth.
- Supports product development group in their technology research and analysis. Understands and communicates relevant market position data, detailed market segment information and market penetration strategy to business leaders.
- Identifies products for competitive analysis.
- Understand and articulate product and customer requirements.
- Make recommendations to product roadmap and idea funnel.
- Understands market requirements and making a business case for each new product development (including system solution integrity) project.
- Strong strategic and analytical knowledge and skills, preferably with mechanical technology, applications, and understanding of customers and competitive market landscape.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interface with customer purchasing agents, engineers, inspectors and expediters.
- Strong interpersonal skills which fosters teamwork and collaboration and develops high quality working relationships in order to influence, gain support, and achieve results.
- Represent the company with periodic customer or vendor site visits as required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to effectively develop and facilitate technical presentations.
- Demonstrated continuous improvement mindset and an advocate for change. Exposure to lean manufacturing principles is a plus.
- Demonstrated flexibility and willingness to adapt to internal processes and change, delays or unexpected events. Responds to adversity or restrictions of the organization with resilience and tenacity.
- Strong work ethic, including the ability to be self-directed and self-motivated. Models professionalism, passion, and initiative with projects and tasks.
- Demonstrated problem solving and critical thinking skills, including the ability to collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions where limited standardization or information exists.
- Intermediate to advanced level proficiency with CAD and MS Office software applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Willing and able to occasionally (10-25%) travel domestically and internationally to customer or other Altra sites, including attendance at off-site meetings, trade show events and professional.
Job Requirements Education and Experience Requirements
Physical Demand and Work Environment:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related technical field is required.
- MBA or advanced degree is required.
- Three years' minimum experience in Engineering, Product Management, or Marketing is required. Strategic planning, forecasting, and/or market analysis is strongly preferred. Power transmission industry experience is also desired.
- Global experience is a plus.
Must be able to work in a typical manufacturing facility and travel domestically to customer or vendor facilities which could entail walking, climbing and moving around working equipment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. WORK ENVIRONMENT
Majority of time is spent in a general office environment, but regular time will also be spent in a manufacturing production environment where personal protective safety equipment must be worn and proper safety precautions must be observed.
EEO Statement: The company in which you have expressed employment interest is a subsidiary or affiliate of Altra Industrial Motion Corp. The subsidiary or affiliate is referred to as an ""Altra Company."" Altra Industrial Motion Corp. and all Altra Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or other characteristics protected by law. The ""EEO is the Law"" poster is available at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf. If you have a disability and need assistance accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request assistance by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org