At SpartanNash, we deliver the ingredients for a better life through customer-focused innovation. We do this for our supply chain customers and U.S. military commissaries, retail store guests and, most importantly, our Associates. In fact, we see a day when each will say, "I can't live without them."
Our SpartanNash family of Associates is 17,500 strong, ranging from bakery managers to order selectors; from IT developers to vice presidents of finance; from HR Business Partners to export specialists. Each of them plays an integral role in SpartanNash's People First culture, Operational Excellence and Insights that Drive Solutions. Ready to contribute to the success of our food solutions company? Apply now!
1036 N. Chestnut - Wahoo, Nebraska 68066
This role leads the day to day activities of an individual retail store, ensuring all departments are fully staffed, trained and operating to company standards. Cultivate a positive, high performing, and customer focused, store culture through effective leadership. Responsible for all financial aspects of the store, maintaining the physical location, and communicating and executing the corporate plans.
Here's what you'll do:
Here's what you'll need:
- Provide focused and effective leadership to store associates that develops a positive, high performing, customer focused store culture.
- Responsible for department management including staffing, training, performance management and career development of associates, and developing and monitoring department goals.
- Develop and monitor department budget as required. Prepares quarterly and yearly budgets with assistance.
- Responsible for the overall profit and loss financial performance of the store to including budgeted sales, gross profit and controllable expenses.
- Maintains constant follow-up to ensure budgeted sales, gross profit and controllable expense goals are being achieved.
- Coordinates store activities to ensure successful operations and compliance as measured by various checks and audits (Safety/Food Safety, Human resources, Merchandising, Loss Prevention, Department of Labor, OSHA, etc.).
- Oversee that the corporate Merchandising and Inventory programs are followed by the departments and partner with corporate business partners as needed to ensure that operations and merchandising standards are fully communication and followed.
- Implements and maintains work schedules, labor control and store payroll expense control programs for the location.
- Implements the OWN IT! (One customer to Wow Now by Interacting and providing Total satisfaction) service programs, and models high standards of service to achieve a customer oriented store.
- Interacts with the local neighborhood or community to positively position the Company's presence.
- Maintain current knowledge of industry or local trends and best practices; make recommendations to improve current programs and processes.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree (Preferred) in Business Administration or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Five years of experience in a retail grocery environment with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Two years of experience in an assistant store manager or similar level role.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organization, prioritization, decision-making, problem solving and conflict management skills.
- Strong leadership abilities with capability to work in a hands-on environment.
- Strong strategic planning and business acumen skills.
- Strong knowledge of retail store operations; knowledge of retail management systems.
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Depending on company location, ability to communicate in Spanish is highly desirable.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
May be required to lift and/or move 20 pounds. The associate is frequently required to sit/stand/walk. While performing the duties of this position, the associate is subject to a typical office environment and is rarely exposed to outside weather conditions. Temperatures may vary for those subject to any of the following areas: computer/server room, print shop, production area). The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate but may be high in distribution settings. Travel requirements vary by assignment.
As part of our People First
culture, SpartanNash is proud to offer a robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package.
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veteran, that celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
This job has expired.