Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2020 sales of $27 billion. We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet. The company serves a variety of end markets including chemicals & refining, food & beverage, electronics, healthcare, manufacturing, and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions. For more information about the company, please visit our website at .
Linde is seeking a Truck Driver - Warehouse Associate (CDL A) to join our team located in Portland, OR.
Praxair Truck Drivers - Warehouse Associates are responsible for safely and efficiently operating a local route delivery vehicle to deliver hard goods, cylinder gas and associated products to customer locations. This Truck Driver - Warehouse Associate opportunity is 1st shift and Truck Drivers are home nights and weekends.
The Truck Driver - Warehouse Associate role at Praxair Distribution, Inc. is physically active (will be responsible for loading/unloading at client sites) and requires attention to detail and a strong commitment to safety. Praxair Truck Drivers also must be willing to communicate and cooperate with customers, respond to their needs, and safely operate delivery vehicle in compliance with company and DOT Guidelines.
Truck Driver - Warehouse Associate (CDL A)
- The Truck Driver provides a high standard of Customer Service while delivering, packages of compressed gas cylinders to semiconductor customers, this includes unloading of products and movement to customer use point, followed by reloading the returned empty cylinders to the vehicle
- Driving represents approximately 30 % of the Truck Driver's day, remaining portion of the day is taken up by other activities including; delivery, cylinder handling, shipping orders/ paperwork, customer contact, vehicle AM and PM inspections
- Truck Driver responsible for delivery to semiconductor customers
- Responsible to ensure accurate paperwork for customer transactions
- Completes Hazardous Material shipping orders papers in accordance with DOT/TC Regulations
- Placard vehicle according to required hazardous material regulations and PDI standards
- Hazmat preparation, vehicle inspection reports etc.
- Conducts and reports pre-trip and post-trip inspections noting and explaining defects or deficiencies to supervision
- Identifies need for repairs and/or maintenance to vehicles and is accountable for ensuring the maintenance or repairs are accomplished with a minimum of disruption to the operation
- Operates a variety of equipment and regularly interfaces with both internal and external customers
- Warehouse duties include shipping/receiving, inventory control and purchase order receiving's
- Duties will include cylinder preparation and COA creations
- Operate forklift and other location equipment
- Must have some experience with MS Word, PPT and Excel
- Have at least two years driving experience or have completed a course of instruction from a truck driver training school that operates equipment similar to Praxair's
- No preventable accidents, license suspensions or other moving violations in the past two (2) years
- No alcohol related convictions within the last ten (10) years
- A current medical examiner's certificate or the ability to pass a DOT physical
- Valid class A CDL is required
- Current Hazmat Endorsement on CDL or ability to obtain Hazmat Endorsement within 60 days of hire
- The ability to read and write in English
- High School G.E.D. is required
- Reached the age of 21 years or older
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.