Sign-on incentive: Qualified candidates with a minimum of two years of experience are eligible for a sign-on bonus up to $10,000.
The University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics department of Ambulatory Surgery Center is seeking 50% to 100% ASC EYE TEAM Operating Room Staff Nurses to assess patients' nursing care needs of the Ophthalmic surgical patient, plan and provide Intra-op care based on needs, evaluate effectiveness of care provided and teach the patient and caregivers as appropriate, integrate nursing theory and research into clinical practice. Provide leadership to members of the nursing team in order to maintain patient care standards.
Characteristic Duties of our Staff Nurses include but are not limited to:
- Incorporate the scientific, behavioral, and humanistic principles for application to clinical practice.
- Adhere to departmental standards and practice guidelines.
- Apply nursing theory to assess, diagnose, treat, and evaluate patient responses.
- Analyze initial and ongoing assessment data to determine diagnosis and patient outcomes.
- Maintain a safe and secure environment for patients and follow universal precautions.
- Implement emergency care procedures when necessary.
- Maintain skills/competency related to special equipment, medications, and procedures.
- Participate as a member of the health care team utilizing effective communication skills.
- Participate in the development of unit, department and hospital policies, procedures, and protocols.
- Apply quality improvement principles to improve patient outcomes.
- Review staffing issues and recommend cost containment strategies.
- Serve as a member of various University committees, as directed.
- Participate in ongoing strategic planning.
- Perform other projects or tasks as assigned.
- Participate in the orientation of new nursing staff and the ongoing education and training.
- Serve as clinical teaching assistant for senior level nursing and healthcare students.
- Maintain patient rights and confidentiality and serve as a patient advocate.
- Responsible for adherence to legal, professional, and institutional requirements.
- Responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of clinical skills in ophthalmic -service operating rooms across the perioperative division.
- Maintain effective working relationships with faculty, staff, students, and the public.
- Assist physicians as appropriate in procedures and care of patients.
- Will perform RN monitored sedation.
Become one of Iowa's best Nurses. Join the Nursing team at Iowa's only comprehensive academic medical center, University of Iowa Hospitals & Clinics (UIHC). As a three-time winner of the Magnet designation for excellence in nursing services by the American Nurses Credentialing Center Magnet Recognition Program®, UIHC offers you the opportunity to advance your nursing skills. Work in an environment where your co-workers are committed to excellence, education, and innovation. We are dedicated to providing evidence based, family-centered care while working and learning with a full interdisciplinary team.
The Ambulatory Surgery Center includes 12 operating rooms with state-of-the-art technology, including integrated imaging and communication, for outpatient adult and pediatric patients. Percent of Time:
50 to 100% Schedule:
Monday - Friday, 8 or 10 hours shifts - scheduled between the hours of 6:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. plus extension of shift call, and rotating call scheduled overnight, weekends and holidays. Locations
: Cases are scheduled in ASC, SFCH and MOR operating rooms at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics. Salary:
$54,422 to commensurate - prorated based on percentage effort. This position is eligible for inpatient differential of $5,000 (prorated based on percentage effort) and also EYE team incentive pay. Shift differentials are further detailed in the UIHC SNAHP manual. SEIU Pay Plan: https://hr.uiowa.edu/pay/pay-plans/seiu-pay-planBenefits Highlights:
- Regular salaried position located in Iowa City, Iowa
- Fringe benefit package including paid vacation; sick leave; health, dental, life and disability insurance options; and generous employer contributions into retirement plans
- For more information about Why Iowa? click here
- An associate degree in Nursing, a Diploma in Nursing, a Baccalaureate degree in Nursing, Professional Masters of Nursing and Healthcare Practice (MNHP, MSN/Clinical Nurse Leader) or a Master's degree in Nursing (MSN) required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills with patients/families, nursing staff, and interdisciplinary team members as demonstrated through written and verbal interactions.
- General computer skills are required.
- Current license to practice nursing in State of Iowa is required by date of hire.
- Current ACLS and PALS certification or completion within 6 months of employment is required.
- Intra-operative experience and/or recent (in last 12 months) internship in an Intra-Operative area is highly desired.
- Recent ophthalmic surgery experience desired.
- CNOR Certification desired.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing or Masters degree in Nursing is highly desired
- If Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is not yet obtained, active enrollment in a BSN program is desirable.
In order to be considered, applicants must upload resume and cover letter
as part of the application process.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of 14
calendar days and may be removed from posting and filled any time after the original posting period has ended. Successful candidates will be required to self-disclose any conviction history and will be subject to a criminal background check and credential/education verification.
This position is not eligible for University sponsorship for employment authorization. If you have additional questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Classification Title: Staff Nurse
- Appointment Type: SEIU
- Schedule: Part-time
- Work Modality Options: On Campus
- Pay Level: 52
- Starting Salary Minimum: 54,422.00
- Starting Salary Maximum: 95,431.00
This job has expired.
- Organization: Healthcare
- Contact Name: Suchan, Taylor
- Contact Email: email@example.com