As a Senior Service Designer, you will be responsible for guiding government clients through our Design Intelligence™ process, incorporating human-centered and design thinking methods to solve end to end service and customer experience challenges. You will plan, organize, and facilitate sessions that uncover pain points, identify opportunities to define vision and strategy, and develop creative ways to solve complex problems. You will serve as the voice of the customer, making sure their needs are considered and met within any proposed solution.
- Facilitate discovery and innovation workshops for a range of stakeholders using human-centered methods, tools, and best practices
- Synthesize research and data and craft compelling stories to communicate insights that will shape service and technology innovations
- Create journey maps, service blueprints, personas, ecosystem and experience maps that articulate actionable recommendations for organizational and workflow change
- Demonstrate how user research should be integrated into developing technology and new ways of working
- Ensure all deliverables across a variety of projects are produced at the highest quality
- Mentor other designers within a cross-functional team and/or the Design and Strategy practice to help them grow within their career path and the Steampunk organization
- Ability to obtain a U.S. government security clearance
- 4+ years of experience in human centered design, design strategy, service design, and/or customer experience design
- Thorough knowledge and demonstrated experience applying critical thinking, design thinking, and systems-thinking methods and tools to solve end to end challenges
- Experience collaborating within a multi-disciplinary delivery team including UX and UI designers, technologists, data scientists, engineers, solution architects, and change managers
- Experience working on a scrum team within the Agile delivery framework
- A natural curiosity for solving problems coupled with strong analytical skills
- A collaborative nature with excellent written communication and presentation skills
- Experience working in a project-based environment
- Degree or equivalent experience in HCD, HCI, service design, and/or experience design
Steampunk is a Change Agent
in the Federal contracting industry, bringing new thinking to clients in the Homeland, Federal Civilian, Health and DoD sectors. Through our Human-Centered delivery methodology
, we are fundamentally changing the expectations our Federal clients have for true shared accountability in solving their toughest mission challenges. As an employee owned company
, we focus on investing in our employees to enable them to do the greatest work of their careers - and rewarding them for outstanding contributions to our growth. If you want to learn more about our story, visit http://www.steampunk.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Steampunk participates in the E-Verify program.
This job has expired.