Bring YOUR energy to Alliant Energy!
At Alliant Energy, our purpose is to serve customers and build stronger communities. We are passionate about powering beyond the market challenges of today, while powering what's next in energy. When our employees say "I am energy," it means they take pride in the work we do when disaster strikes, as well as all the days in between. We reward our highly hardworking and dedicated teams and give them the support they need to ensure their safety, wellness and financial security for themselves and their families.
If you enjoy challenges, have strong communication skills and are passionate about the work you do we invite you to consider Alliant Energy.
What sets us apart?
- Alliant Energy offers a full compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation, 401K, Employer Cash Contribution, Long and Short-Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
- Year after year, Alliant Energy is recognized by major publications and foundations as a top employer and leader in the areas of equity and sustainability. This includes Newsweek's list of Most Responsible Companies, Forbes list of Best Midsize Employers, a perfect Corporate Equality Index Score as a Best Place to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality and being named to the Bloomberg Gender Equality Index.
- Our employees make a difference through their work and personal activities. In 2021, employees, retirees and our charitable foundation collectively contributed $11.5 million and volunteered over 75,000 hours.
has an outstanding opportunity for a Senior SOA Administrator
to join the team in Madison, WI, or Cedar Rapids, IA.
In this role you will Analyze, design, code, test, implement and maintain simple to moderately sophisticated and smaller and more defined system projects, business applications, and purchased business systems using tools and products deployed on multiple technology platforms and on a corporate-wide basis.
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to work in both a team environment and on self-directed tasks are vital.
Hybrid - This position currently offers a blend of working from home and in the Madison, WI or Cedar Rapids, IA
office on average two
days per week. The individual must reside in either Iowa or Wisconsin.Job Responsibilities:
- Ensures critical review points and quality assurance controls are included in all application development projects.
- Assists with developing cost estimates associated with recommended system development solutions.
- Assists in defining user stories and participates in workshops, data and process modeling, and prototyping sessions.
- Assists in ensuring business and technical needs and opportunities are identified and satisfied throughout solution development.
- Assists in the gathering and analysis of information required for proper technical design, including the identification and evaluation of purchased package solutions.
- Works with data/database administration functions to ensure proper design of system databases and appropriate integration with other corporate and contact center data.
- Assists with analyzing information and business process flows to implement new applications and integrate them with existing applications.
- Performs testing for moderately sophisticated systems and assists other analysts in testing systems. Helps develop critical measures to test function and system performance improvements.
- Assists business team in identifying training requirements to support application and other information technology use.
- Required to participate in an on-call support rotation.
- 5 years of related experience
- Bachelor's Degree, Emphasis in information technology or related area.
- Familiarity and understanding of SOA Concepts.
- Experience with configuring and customizing Oracle SOA Suite adapters including DB Adapter, JMS adapters, File adapters.
- Experience with Oracle SOA Suite specializing in WebLogic administration, applying security configuration including applying OWSM policies, keystore/managing security certificates.
- Ability to maintain/patch environments.
- Problem solving skills to be able to troubleshoot/trace SOA issues by working with development and across teams
- Able to work comfortably in Linux environment, able to identify firewall issues, update SSL certs, wlst, shell scripting, python etc.
- Experience managing in Oracle Suite of Products applications using WebLogic Admin Server console, Enterprise Manager, Node manager and other server administration utilities.
- Troubleshoot and provide service for product support in diagnosing, resolving and repairing server-related software malfunctions. Supports Disaster Recovery Tests.
- Configuring and maintaining WebLogic/SOA server settings for OSB, JDBC, JVM settings, Data Source.
- Raising SR with Oracle for issues which need to resolve on higher priority.
- Experience working with the Oracle SOA Suite , XML, SQL, JDeveloper, Java, REST, SOAP,JSON and BPEL.
- Oracle SOA Development experience.
- Experience with Ansible.
#LI-NR1It's not just what we do; it's how we do it.
Live Safety. Everyone. Always | Make Things Better | Care For Others | Do The Right Thing | Act For Tomorrow | Think Beyond. Be Bold
Alliant Energy is committed to providing an inclusive work environment for all and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer where an applicant's qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.
All candidates selected for employment with Alliant Energy will be required to successfully complete a drug screen and background check.
The above information on this description has been crafted to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not crafted to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Alliant Energy and subsidiaries is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity in the workplace. Applicants in need of a reasonable accommodation for any part of the hiring process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
This job has expired.