ZS is a professional services firm that works side by side with companies to help develop and deliver products that drive customer value and company results. From R&D to portfolio strategy, customer insights, marketing and sales strategy, operations and technology, we leverage our deep industry expertise and leading-edge analytics to create solutions that work in the real world. Our most valuable asset is our people-a fact that's reflected in our values-driven organization in which new perspectives are integral and new ideas are celebrated. ZSers are passionately committed to helping companies and their customers thrive in industries ranging from healthcare and life sciences, to high-tech, financial services, travel and transportation, and beyond.
SENIOR HUMAN CENTERED DESIGNER
We seek a Senior Human Centered Designer to work with our clients to form and create engaging experiences across channels to ensure interactions are meaningful between customers and businesses. If you are passionate about working at the intersection of strategy, design, and research deliver meaningful innovation through human-centered design practices, and seek to contribute to a new and rapidly-growing expert team, then we want to speak with you. A passion for and expertise or background in health and health-related experience design is a distinct asset. As the largest health-focused consultancy in the world, we have a unique opportunity and responsibility to shape and improve health futures for all stakeholders.
- Design and deliver new services, products, and brand experiences that solve customer problems, increase brand value and inspire people;
- Create best-in-class human centered design deliverables to articulate customer research insights and craft a broad range of design artifacts including experience maps, user journeys, service blueprints, and personas.
- Partner and collaborate with cross-disciplinary teams through all phases of design process including alignment with client, understanding context, developing insights, exploring and defining opportunities, setting strategy, creating actionable/tangible design expressions, communicating vision, and guiding go-to-market strategies;
- Execute qualitative customer research using design, behavioral, ethnographic, and market research techniques and apply insights to inform design decisions;
- Elicit requirements through a range of activities from planning and leading stakeholder interviews, working from problem statements, articulating business objectives and asking the right questions in the right ways to inform design thinking processes;
- Lead cycles of rapid iteration to prototype experiences across mediums and realize a final solution;
- Present design solutions with precision and personality to variety of business stakeholders, clients, and internal colleagues;
- Convey strategy and direction through a masterful mix of visual and verbal communication;
- Craft exceptional stories that connect the dots of user needs, concepts, design principles and experience details, both within the team and out to clients;
- Plan and facilitate Design Thinking workshops to support creative collaboration and evangelize customer centricity with clients and colleagues;
- Serve as an active member of the practice.
Open to candidates with backgrounds in design research/ethnography, design strategy, and service design (and related disciplines) need not demonstrate mastery in all areas - but must be open to developing, with our support, their skillsets across this spectrum of qualifications with time and experience.
- Bachelor's degree required (master's or PhD preferred) in one of design/design strategy/design research/service design/industrial design, psychology, anthropology or a related discipline focused in social science and design communication, with a demonstrated record of academic success;
- 4-6 years of experience applying Design Thinking methods to reach successful business outcomes; demonstrated experience in the Life Sciences and Healthcare industry are an additional asset.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills with experience working with all levels of management in obtaining consensus on project requirements and deliverables;
- Experience with the user centered design (UCD) process and designing complex, multi-channel experiences for customers;
- Exposure to and comfort with foresight/futures methodologies will be considered an additional important asset
- Well versed in the craft of Experience and/or Service Design Thinking
- Fluency in design research techniques such as ethnography, contextual inquiry, user interviews and usability testing, as well as in-depth practice incorporating findings from research studies into the experience design process;
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and work effectively on several projects simultaneously in a matrixed and fast paced environment;
- Proven capability to balance ideation, conceptual thinking and tactical execution;
- Robust and diverse portfolio featuring human-centered experience design work that led to positive business outcomes;
- Comfortable with business development and some exposure to healthcare program management;
- Ability to travel for research and to client locations (10-25%) to work with teams and provide in-person expertise.
Additionally, we seek individuals with the following personal skills:
- Curious, results-driven, confident, and committed to professional growth. Candidates will fit well in our team if he/she thrives on playing hard and working hard through consistent challenges and initial ambiguity;
- Can work independently, prioritize time, and is quick on his/her feet. She/he will be an active partner with colleagues in formulating business strategies and experience design recommendations;
- Good interpersonal skills, with the ability to listen to, and build rapport with research participants, designers, and cross-disciplinary project teams;
- Strong written and oral communication skills, and the ability to communicate design direction and best practices in a clear, compelling way;
- Team oriented, builds strong relationships at every level of the organization and is a dynamic motivator. Can work well in cross-functional teams, including designers, business consulting teams, and project managers.
ZS is a global consulting firm. Fluency in English is required; additional fluency in at least one European or Asian language is desirable.
Candidates must possess or be able to obtain work authorization for their intended country of employment. An on-line application, including a full set of transcripts (official or unofficial), is required to be considered.
ZS offers a competitive compensation package with salary and bonus incentives, complete medical/dental/life insurance programs and retirement savings benefits. ZS is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing equal employment and advancement opportunities without regard to any class protected by applicable law.
ZS is committed to providing and maintaining a safe workplace. Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination will be required. Religious/Medical Exemptions can be requested on a limited basis upon hire.
NO AGENCY CALLS, PLEASE.
This job has expired.