What you'll do...
We are at the forefront of attacking one of the most complex problems of e-commerce and stores through our omni channel strategy. Revenue organization within Walmart is responsible for growing the new and emerging business of Walmart that includes the adtech business known as Walmart Connect, data monetization business known as Data Venture and membership business known as Walmart Plus. Revenue organization is important to drive the business Flywheel and help Walmart lead the retail disruption through emerging business initiatives.
You'll sweep us off our feet if....
What you'll do...
- You're experienced with traditional as well as modern machine learning/statistical techniques, including Regression, Classification, Ensemble Methods, Deep Learning, and Reinforcement Learning.
- You have strong implementation experience with at least one programming language (Python, R, Java, Scala, etc.).
- You have strong hands-on skills in sourcing, cleaning, manipulating, and analyzing large volumes of data using distributed computing platform.
- You have strong written and oral communication skills.
- You have a Ph.D. in computer science, statistics, or other related fields with an emphasis on Machine Learning or a Master's degree with 2+ years of data science experience.
What you'll bring...
- Build machine learning and statistical models to predict or estimate key signals that are used to optimize marketing campaign performance, such as search engine marketing, customer targeting.
- Run large-scale statistical A/B tests to evaluate the performance of machine learning and statistical models in SEM applications.
- Process complicated and large-scale datasets on distributed computing platforms using queries, extract insights from data, predict future trends, and optimize business metrics.
- Build compelling data visualizations and interactive dashboards for monitoring.
- Communicate new algorithm suggestions, performance results and business insights to both technical and business teams, internally and externally.
- Experience in tackling prediction problems: exploring data, building models, and analyzing performance.
- Enthusiasm for trying out new algorithms, new data features, new problem statements, new ideas you read in a paper: an always-learning mentality.
- Proactive mindset: going beyond a specific task to thinking about any improvements that can help the team.
- Communication skills - the ability to present insights to others in the organization.
At Walmart, we've led retail for over 60 years by keeping our customers' needs at the center of everything we do. Our latest innovations leverage our online reach and massive network of physical stores tosave 160 million weekly omnichannel customers time and money in ways no other retailer can match. Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption. Walmart isn't simply the world's most successful retailer -we're the world's largest company. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a high-visibility team backed by the most talented retail colleagues in the world and over six decades of success. Join us. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Option 1- Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 3 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 2- Master's degree in Statistics, Economics, Analytics, Mathematics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related field and 1 years' experience in an analytics related field. Option 3 - 5 years' experience in an analytics or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Data science, machine learning, optimization models, Master's degree in Machine Learning, Computer Science, Information Technology, Operations Research, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Econometrics, Successful completion of one or more assessments in Python, Spark, Scala, or R, Using open source frameworks (for example, scikit learn, tensorflow, torch) Primary Location...
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America