The Senior Business Analyst is responsible for ensuring that business requirements are documented and every functional/business consideration is identified before implementing each project. This position must clearly understand and review/confirm with the client and internal departments before functional requirements are finalized - alternative approaches are suggested where viable. The Senior Business Analyst is also responsible for functional requirements that are completely documented and understood, along with innovative solutions with best practices identified and explored for most prevalent use cases. Consultant to business units and technical teams for detailed data availability, location, lineage, and quality. Works within the Development Life Cycle.
- Ensures delivery according to project timelines. Coordinates with stakeholders to define go-live activities. Tracks progress performs follow-up communication, and documents resolutions to maintain project timelines. Analyzes possible impacts to the schedule for requested changes and makes updates as needed to the project timeline within reason.
- Develops and executes presentations. Prepares and documents workgroup meetings and presentations. Facilitates meetings (in person and online) and conference calls to orient new clients, collaborate with internal and external stakeholders, and address concerns.
- Works with the project manager to manage the project plan. Provides tasks, dates, and resource responsibilities based on the scope of the project. Provides statuses to work in progress and completed tasks.
- Creates functional specifications. Collects, understands, and transmits business requirements for projects and translates into functional specifications, database designs, and detailed test plans.
- Works with client to understand requirements. Partners with clients to gather all requirements to formulate business process specifications and translate those into application and/or operational functionality, understanding the value proposition(s) of the project and deciding when to advocate and when to compromise to arrive at mutually acceptable solutions.
- Works with technical staff to translate requirements. Assists the technical team in translating application functionality into application architecture and the production of system functionality documents. Communicates business directives, goals, and needs to the technical team and serve as a client interface for managing user expectations and client satisfaction.
- Works with operational business staff to translate requirements. Assists the operations team(s) in updating documentation and processes to accommodate the products offered. Communicates business directives, goals, and needs to the business team and serves as a client interface for managing user expectations and client satisfaction.
- Manages development life cycle.
- Creates and/or updates project documentation. Documents objectives, decisions, accomplishments, and deliverables for the work stream. Places documentation on the internal storage mechanism (Confluence) to provide a written account of the project activities.
- Represents the business and/or project as the subject matter expert in the designated work stream.
- Manages projects and processes as required.
- Works with product team to stay abreast of overall product strategy, roadmap(s), and release management processes.
This position description identifies the responsibilities and tasks typically associated with the performance of the position. Other relevant essential functions may be required. EMPLOYMENT QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION:
Bachelor's degree in a related field. Relevant combination of education and experience may be considered in lieu of degree. Continuous learning, as defined by the Company's learning philosophy, is required. Certification or progress toward certification is highly preferred and encouraged. EXPERIENCE:
Five years of relevant experience as a business analyst in healthcare or health insurance, Medicare, and commercial business lines, or related industry. SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES (SKA) REQUIRED:
- Ability to manage multiple assignments and implement projects.
- Demonstrated excellence in a rapid environment, with the ability to gather requirements, communicate product design requirements, and achieve high-quality results within specified timeframes.
- Knowledge of, and the ability to apply, necessary software development practices and procedures.
- Ability to apply the principles of independent logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to comprehend the consequences of various problem situations and to refer them for appropriate decision making.
- Ability to design program logic, prepares test data, and test programs.
- Ability to review business requirements and compare to application for possible deviations from customer expectations.
- Excellent triage, troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working with multi-functional teams to perform complex data analysis, data mapping and support a variety of business intelligence, reporting, analytical and data visualization needs.
- Ability to make competent, independent decisions.
- Experience working with mainstream BI reporting systems, ETL data integration platforms, and data modeling tools.
- Thorough understanding of and ability to demonstrate the operational services
- Ability to create data flow diagrams and data models, including use case, activity, and workflow diagrams using VISIO.
- Ability to convey pertinent information to operational and technical teams.
- Strong presentation and analytical/problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in both a structured and unstructured environment.
- Ability to support projects using a variety of project management methodologies (bi-modal)
- Ability to learn how to define all levels of business and technology requirements.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work with and empower others on a collaborative basis to ensure success of unit team.
Work is performed in an office setting with no unusual hazards. Minimal travel is required.
The qualifications listed above are intended to represent the minimum education, experience, skills, knowledge and ability levels associated with performing the duties and responsibilities contained in this job description.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Diversity is valued and we will not tolerate discrimination or harassment in any form. Candidates for the position stated above are hired on an \"at will\" basis. Nothing herein is intended to create a contract.
This job has expired.