We are seeking a talented scientist, physician scientist or clinician to join the editorial team of Cell Reports Medicine. We welcome applications from candidates with expertise in any clinical or biomedical field. We are open to considering candidates at junior and associate levels. Previous editorial experience is an advantage but is not required.
Cell Reports Medicine is a new, premium open access journal at Cell Press, publishing cutting edge and impactful work from across the spectrum of translation and clinical research that impact how we think about human health and medicine.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE
WHAT YOU SHOULD BRING
- recruiting exciting content
- assessing submitted research papers
- selecting and collaborating with referees
- engaging authors throughout the review process and providing outstanding author service
- commissioning and editing Review and Perspective articles, as well as other front matter
- writing and editing content for the journal homepage and social media outlets
- developing and supporting journal strategy, including supporting the development of strong links between the developing network of Cell Press open access journals
- building effective working relationships with colleagues across Cell Press and beyond
- establishing relationships with researchers through outreach to the scientific and clinical communities
- traveling to scientific conferences and research institutions to communicate the journal's mission to support science
- contributing to Cell Press growth and innovation projects
- PhD and/or MD in a relevant scientific or clinical discipline
- at least two years of relevant editorial experience is preferred, but not required
- broad scientific interests
- an ability to think critically about a wide range of scientific and clinical issues
- strong communication skills
- the ability to work successfully both independently and in a diverse global team
- excellent interpersonal and networking skills.
- Interest in digital communication and publishing trends
This is a full-time editorial position based at one of the Elsevier Offices located in Europe (London, Amsterdam, or Munich) or the United States (Cambridge MA). Cell Press offers an attractive salary and benefits package and a stimulating working environment. Applications will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to apply before the deadline. Please include a cover letter describing why you are interested in the job and how your skills, knowledge, and background could contribute to the journal.
Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or if you are based in the US you may also contact us on 1.855.833.5120.
This job has expired.