Together, we move the world-we've been doing it for over 100 years. At MAHLE, as a leading international development partner and systems supplier to the automotive industry, we pursue the objective of making mobility more efficient, more environmentally friendly, more convenient, and more economical. As part of our dual strategy, we are working both on the intelligent combustion engine for the use of hydrogen and other nonfossil fuels and on technologies for fuel cells and e-mobility.
With more than 72,000 employees, MAHLE generated sales of approximately EUR 9,8 billion in 2020 and is represented in over 30 countries with 160 locations, including 12 major research and development centers. Join our MAHLE team! #StrongerTogether
Your Role & Responsibilities
Your Skills & Strengths
- SUMMARY: The Sales & Application Engineer is Responsible for managing commercial topics related to assigned customer accounts (Cummins and Navistar) with respect to eMobility for the automotive industry. Develop a customer strategy that identifies new business opportunities, positions the company to win new business, and exercises leadership in the execution of the strategy. Act as focal point for all commercial discussions/negotiations. Coordinate activities with Program Managers in the event of a pending milestone might be missed to establish get well plan and notify customer.
- Responsible managing the eMobility technical relationship between MAHLE North America and Cummins and Navistar by cultivating relationships with key stakeholders across a variety of sales and application engineering functions to assure complete and successful account management.
- Responsible for supporting long term contracts, new production pricing, warranty terms and conditions, prototype prices and successfully win new business, in support of Account leader.
- Direct interface with Cummins and Navistar Technical organizations managing directed buy OEM components with Project planning and MAHLE technical, and product technology explanation and advice received from MAHE product experts.
- Attend regular site visits to both Cummins and Navistar along with other applicable engineering assigned tasks / subjects as needed in order to support the customer.
- Responsible for new projects planning and technology (unique selling points) to include technical proposals, timeline negotiations between MAHLE Engineering Teams, R&D Groups and Production operations within the MAHLE Global footprint.
- Exercise leadership in the execution of the business sales strategy and act as focal point for all technical discussions/negotiations.
- Follow market trends and keep management informed on all important issues concerning their assigned accounts.
- Lead the technical sales effort to achieve internal acceptance of the customer strategy from other functional areas before implementation.
- Manage, organize and prepare technical presentations for our customers.
- Communicate/clarify issues related to prototype orders with the customer.
- Responsible for providing input as necessary to the Automotive Forecast Preparation
- Understand macro automotive industry trends, how they affect our customers, how the customers reaction affects our company, and recommend course of action for our company to best leverage said changes/trends to our company benefit.
- Establish matrix identifying key customer individual, who at our company should interact with them, and the frequency.
- Determine which customer individuals are pro, con or neutral toward our company and develop plan to maximize the number that at pro-our company.
- Provide input to the preparation of obsolescence claims and negotiate the claims with the customer.
- Coordinate with the Program Manager, determine what, when and how to notify customer in the event of a milestone that is going to be missed, or a test failure occurred, etc. and then be part of the communication loop.
- Provide customer market intelligence to MAHLE and act as focal point to determine how best to respond to the information.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or Business from a four year college or university is Required
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience as an Account Manager or Sales & Application Engineer is required; 5 or more years of relevant experience preferred
- Experience with eMobility products strongly preferred
- Commercial account management experience required
- Automotive industry experience required
- Demonstrated experience managing account/customer; experience with managing multiple accounts/customer preferred
- Demonstrated experience of in-depth knowledge of contract negotiations and product development
In addition to work in a great team, we encourage you to reach your personal potential and through outstanding learning and development opportunities. Exciting assignments and personalized support for your career are available to you.
This job has expired.