Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing for a Rigger to join our team in Sweeny, Texas.
U.S. Only: Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required .
- Accurately interpret and apply information from work orders, job orders, specifications, blueprints or drawings.
- Identify, recognize and demonstrate safe usage of hand tools and power tools appropriate for the job.
- Recognize various materials used in the craft and demonstrate a working knowledge of appropriate material handling techniques.
- Select and safely use appropriate equipment which may include (but not limited to) manlifts, fork lifts, and company trucks.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in safe rigging practices.
- Identify, explain and perform crane signals.
- Identify functions, operating characteristics and limitations or various pieces of heavy equipment.
- Demonstrate ability to effectively communicate hoisting problems to appropriate personnel.
- Demonstrate knowledge of appropriate procedures required when performing lifts near power lines.
Skills / Qualifications
Employee should have at least 2 years in the construction industry working as in a helper or material handler position or around construction mobile equipment.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.