This job has expired.
What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Join us as we bring zero loss, six sigma and lean principles to drive key breakthroughs at the world's largest retailer! The Senior Continuous Improvement Leader will lead the implementation of the Walmart Performance System (WPS) in our Regional Transportation Offices. This leader will help create a culture of continuous improvement sustained by the transfer of knowledge and skills to our associates. We are engaging and enabling those associates to lead in a new way and empowering them to become business partners that are helping solve to some of our biggest challenges.
Manages multiple projects by defining scope of work and project objectives; establishing project activities, deliverables, milestones, and timelines; coordinating planning activities and assembling management plans; tracking changes to plans and ensuring resolution of critical issues; managing the governance of project plans; identifying resources needed for project completion; monitoring budgets and costs for projects; and delivering presentations, status reports, and other project documentation to stakeholders at regular intervals. Manages content management initiatives by evaluating and prioritizing content requests; designing, developing, automating, and maintaining tools, templates, and resources ; collaborating with team to develop and implement intra net content; providing guidance to team on platform functionality, communication approaches, and content quality standards; ensuring content and digital communications methods align with content governance standards ; auditing and tracking content variables ; and adapting content and digital communication methods to resolve audit concerns. Manages processes and procedures for areas of responsibility by analyzing data in order to identify existing standards, processes, governance, and work flows; evaluating key business components in order to assess current performance baselines; identifying areas of improvements; editing existing processes and developing improvement solutions; ensuring program processes are simple and executable with manageable rollout plans; consulting with cross-functional teams to get alignment on improvement solutions; ensuring process is sustainable for future use; and communicating changes and solutions to key stakeholders in order to get buy-in and drive behavior change. Manages behavior change and process improvement programs in areas of responsibility by evaluating and determining change and improvement needs; partnering with cross-functional teams to develop the operational strategy to simplify processes; providing guidance and expertise on company policies and procedures; ensuring proper controls, tools, and materials are present in order to enhance behavior change; partnering with stakeholders to ensure alignment and support of the processes; monitoring program performance in relation to metrics; identifying post-implementation issues and concerns; and developing and gaining buy-in on changes and resolutions. Drives the execution of multiple business plans and projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; providing resources; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning. Provides supervision and development opportunities for associates by selecting and training; mentoring; assigning duties; building a team-based work environment; establishing performance expectations and conducting regular performance evaluations; providing recognition and rewards; coaching for success and improvement; and ensuring diversity awareness. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open Door Policy. Ensures business needs are being met by evaluating the ongoing effectiveness of current plans, programs, and initiatives; consulting with business partners, managers, co-workers, or other key stakeholders; soliciting, evaluating, and applying suggestions for improving efficiency and cost-effectiveness; and participating in and supporting community outreach events.
Live our Values
• Models the Walmart values to foster our culture; holds oneself and others accountable; and supports Walmart's commitment to communities, social justice, corporate social responsibility, and sustainability; maintains and promotes the highest standards of integrity, ethics and compliance.
• Acts as an altruistic servant leader and is consistently humble, self-aware, honest, and transparent.
Curiosity & Courage
• Demonstrates curiosity and a growth mindset; fosters an environment that supports learning, innovation, and intelligent risk-taking; and exhibits resilience in the face of setbacks.
Digital Transformation & Change
• Seeks and implements continuous improvements and encourages the team to leverage new digital tools and ways of working.
Deliver for the Customer
• Delivers expected business results while putting the customer first and consistently applying an omni-merchant mindset and the EDLP and EDLC business models to all plans.
• Adopts a holistic perspective that considers data, analytics, customer insights, and different parts of the business when making plans and shaping the team's strategy.
Focus on our Associates
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
• Identifies, attracts, and retains diverse and inclusive team members; builds a high-performing team; embraces diversity in all its forms; and actively supports diversity goal programs.
Collaboration & Influence
• Builds strong and trusting relationships with team members and business partners; works collaboratively and cross-functionally to achieve objectives; and communicates with energy and positivity to motivate, influence, and inspire commitment and action.
• Creates a discipline and focus around developing talent, promotes an environment allowing everyone to bring their best selves to work, empowers associates and partners to act in the best interest of the customer and company, and regularly recognizes others' contributions and accomplishments.
• Multiplier of talent, through the consistent transfer of knowledge and understanding of the system.
Traveling to our Transportation Offices to engage all levels in problem solving to enable self - actualization, self - esteem and promote being part of something winning to create true purpose within our associates. Ensure all ideation is heard and feedback is given in a simple, specific, honest, accurate and timely manner.
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Business or related field and 3 years' experience in retail operations, content development, project management, or related area OR 5 years' experience in retail operations, content development, project management, or related area.
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Microsoft Office, Retail Industry, Training and Development, Working on cross-functional teams or projects
Masters: Business Administration
Lean Six Sigma Champion Certification - Certification, Project Management - Project Management Professional - Certification
HWY 601/100 W DOVE, PAGELAND, SC 29728-0000, United States of America
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.
All the benefits you need for you and your family
Posted about 1 hour ago
Calumet City, Illinois
Posted about 1 hour ago
Posted about 1 hour ago