Imagine waking up every morning with the chance to change someone's life. Imagine knowing your efforts will benefit both your career and our neighbors around the world. At CWS, our team knows they are making a difference every day. Whether you're in our U.S.-based offices supporting refugees, asylees or unaccompanied children ... implementing hygiene initiatives in Cambodia or rebuilding projects in Central America ... or even connecting remotely from your home on fundraising campaigns, grant reports, or critical communications - you have the opportunity to work towards a world where everyone has food, a voice and a safe place to call home.
The Case Manager will provide resettlement case management services for newly arriving refugees, and support other Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) eligible clients within CWS - New York. This position assists clients in accessing services and navigating local systems during the resettlement period. The position offers support and services to clients to help them reach self-sufficiency and successfully make a new home in the United States.
- Manages the resettlement of clients by ensuring timely delivery of services and fulfillment of requirements outlined in the Cooperative Agreement and Guidelines with Department of State (R&P) and the guidelines within the Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR).
- With support from appropriate CWS staff and local partners, locate and inspect housing for newly arriving clients and arrange housing setup with furniture and household supplies.
- Picks up clients from airport upon arrival and accompanies them to their new home; provides initial housing orientation.
- Develops and implements Resettlement Service Plans in consultation with clients, based on individual challenges and needs.
- Performs periodic home visits and provides in-home orientation to clients.
- Connects clients to in-house support and makes referrals to external service providers as necessary to assist clients in achieving self-sufficiency. Schedules appointments, including medical and clothing bank, among others.
- Arranges interpretation and translation services to refugee clients, as well as transportation to appointments as necessary.
- Documents all contacts and services in client case files and maintains case note logs.
- Tracks client progress and provides follow-up assistance throughout the resettlement period.
- Prepares and documents monthly maintenance assistance requests and distributes disbursements.
- Ensures accuracy and compliance within case files of the Cooperative Agreements and Guidelines with the US Department of State and the US Department of Homeland Security and the guidelines within the Office of Refugee Resettlement.
- Assists the Casework Supervisor or Site Director in any duties he/she deems necessary.
- Common Duties:
- Advocate on behalf of refugees and immigrants and voluntary agencies serving those clients.
- Keep informed about refugee and immigrant issues, and available services to clients, using current information to better identify and serve refugee clients.
- Represent the program at community meetings and speaking engagements relevant to the responsibilities of the position.
- Undertake other duties as assigned.
- Work varied hours, including one or two evenings per week and some weekend hours.
bachelor's degree or 2 years' experience in refugee resettlement.Experience:
Work experience and interest in refugee resettlement or other direct social services. Ability to provide culturally sensitive counseling and case management is required.Other Skills:
Fluency in a refugee language - Spanish, French, Swahili, Dari, Farsi, Arabic, Somali, etc is required along with superior English written and verbal communication skills. The successful candidate must be computer literate, with proficiency in MS Office (Excel, Word and Access) and internet applications. Strong organizational and time management skills are required. Special Requirements
- The successful candidate must have a car, a valid driver's license, and an insurable driving record.
- This is a hybrid position, involving in-person and remote work.
- Works varied hours, including possible night and weekend work.
CWS offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Generous Paid Time Off (21 Paid Days Off; 27 Days after 2 Years)
- 14 Official Holidays
- Sick Time Off (12 Accrued monthly)
- Life Insurance and AD&D
- Long Term and Short-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Commuter Benefits
This job has expired.