Job ID: 486351
The Shelly Company, a CRH company, is a vertically integrated supplier of aggregates, asphalt, ready mix concrete and paving services throughout the state of Ohio. Our commitment to quality drives us to use the most modern, efficient and environmentally friendly technology in our industry. The Shelly Company is known throughout the industry for innovation, quality and for our commitment to safety.
Drives from one destination to another to repair and maintain machinery and equipment under direction of Shop Foreperson.
Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
The duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Drives a mechanics truck to various job sites and plants to repair machinery and equipment.
- Works extended, and at times, erratic hours.
- Adhere to the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations as set forth by the US Department of Transportation.
- Trouble shoot and maintain all types of heavy equipment, including but not limited to fork lifts and ready mix trucks.
- Examines equipment and discusses with Shop Foreperson nature and extent of damage or malfunction.
- Plans work procedure and/or possible solutions for issues
- Raises equipment, with hydraulic jack, hoist or crane, to gain access to mechanical units bolted to underside of equipment.
- Removes units or pieces such as engines, transmissions, drums, seals, etc.
- Repairs or replaces parts such as drums, seals, buckets, hydraulic pumps, electric motors, valves, pistons, rods, gears, etc.
- Rewires ignition system, lights, and instrument panel.
- Drains fluid and oil, ensuring proper procedures for containment and/or disposal.
- Devises, fabricates, and assembles new or modified mechanical components or assemblies for products such as industrial equipment and machinery.
- Required to provide your own tools.
- Required to keep and maintain a clean and safe work environment, shops, mechanics truck etc.
- Must be self-motivated and able to plan for future needs.
- Maintain positive proactive outlook.
Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times.
- Must be willing to travel and work away from home when required.
- Must be willing to work nights and weekends when necessary.
- Report to the assigned job site ready to begin work at the designated start time.
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as outlined in the Manual of Safety Practices and Procedures.
- Strict adherence to Shelly Company policies and procedures as outlined in the Company Book of Policies.
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required.
- Timely and regular attendance is an expectation of performance for all Shelly Company employees. Employees will be held accountable for adhering to their workplace schedule.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Education and Experience
One year certificate from college or technical school; or three to six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience on class 8 equipment.. Basic computer skills preferred. CDL is preferred.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.Physical Requirements
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance. The employee is occasionally required to sit and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception. The employee must regularly lift and/or move more than 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, peripheral vision, and depth perception.Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions and is regularly exposed to wet, humid condition airborne particles, and extreme heat or cold. The employee is occasionally exposed to vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is occasionally very loud and may require protective equipment.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A diverse and inclusive culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
CRH has a long and proud heritage. We are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family. CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows you to work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of large international organization.
If you're up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our official employment application. Please complete your online profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest!
The Shelly Company, a CRH Company, is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this link.
Date: Dec 2, 2023 Nearest Major Market:
Akron Nearest Secondary Market:
Cleveland Job Segment:
Hydraulics, Maintenance Mechanic, Mechanic, Engineering, Manufacturing, Operations
This job has expired.