About the Company
AEG Vision ("AEG") is the market-leading manager of full-scope optometry practices throughout the country. The optometry practices under management maintain the local brand, practice staff, store associates, and patients, while AEG invests in medical equipment, technology, infrastructure, and the team in order to elevate the patient experience. AEG's core purpose is to "improve the health of our community by helping our neighbors see better and look their best, one patient at a time." We are assembling a team of experienced industry professionals to help build AEG into the best place to work and ensure that each patient of the practices under management has an outstanding patient experience.
About the Job
The primary purpose of this position is to create claims invoices to 3rd party insurance carriers for commercial products and to monitor agings to ensure proper and timely payment.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for correcting claim data in Acuity Logic system prior to billing for specified plans
- Responsible for submitting both paper and electronic claims in Acuity Logic for specified plans to 3rd party carriers timely
- Responsible for submitting manual vouchers and invoices to plans that don't accept claim forms in a timely manner
- Maintain and report personal KPI data to Manager on a weekly basis
- Responsible for interpreting and following up on claim denials from 3rd Party carriers for specified plans
- Responsible for monitoring the aging of specified plans to ensure prompt and accurate payment for specified plans
- Develops expertise in specific plans assigned to the position and acts as a department and company resource for questions relating to billing of these plans
- Assist AR Manager and Commercial Claim Supervisor on special projects as needed
- Communicates all system, site, and billing company issues to the AR Manager on a timely basis to allow management oversight and proper resource planning
- Be a resource for retail units for questions relating to billing
- Makes recommendations for efficiencies, processes, etc. which will deliver quality, cost savings, and/or profitability improvements within the department and / or across the organization
- High school diploma or GED or equivalent
- 1 year AR experience with 3rd party billing
- Knowledge of insurance billing processes
- Entry level PC skills in MS Windows, Word and Excel.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills to effectively speak with coworkers, and prepare concise and accurate reports
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment, functioning for the good of the team over the individual
- 401(k) with Match
- Vision Service Plan
- Employee Vision Discount Program
- Paid Holidays
*Benefits applicable to full Time Employees only.
- This position requires the ability to communicate and exchange information, utilize equipment necessary to perform the job, and move about the office.
High School or Equivalent
This job has expired.