Position: Propane Technician/Tank Setter - CDL
Location: Syracuse, NY
Schedule: M-F and weekend availability, year-round work, home daily
Compensation: Based no experience
$5,000 Sign-On Bonus!
What We Are Looking For
NOCO has been in the business of delivering propane for more than 25 years now. Our company is family-owned and operated. We treat and care for our employees like they are a part of our family. We want someone looking for a long-term career with lots of room for growth.
We are looking for someone with a positive and enthusiastic attitude toward safety, sales, customer service and employee teamwork, to help carry on our vision of generating positive energy to catalyze lasting solutions.
What You Will Do
- Perform propane hook-ups at customer sites.
- Diagnose and repair propane tanks and systems.
- Install propane tanks and/or assist with tank installations.
- Deliver propane tanks to customer sites when needed.
- Provide all customers with consistent, quality service in accordance with company procedure
- Positively promote the company's products and services.
- Assist other team members to achieve maximum success, safety, and efficiency.
- Maintain the service truck with the appropriate parts inventory.
- Skillfully maneuver truck into loading and unloading areas.
- Verify load against shipping papers and accurately deliver required products as dispatched.
- Assist with the loading of or loads and unload goods and materials, using specialized equipment when warranted.
- Maintain signed invoices, shipping bills of lading, and other required paperwork; deliver documentation to office or other appropriate staff when the delivery route is complete
- Perform regular vehicle maintenance checks and maintain a clean vehicle at all times
- Maintain proper physical condition of vehicle and equipment; reports problems areas to manager.
- Operate within all industry, OSHA, DOT and company safety rules and policies.
- Operate under NFPA 54/58 standards
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required by personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.What You Will Need
What We Offer
- High school education or equivalent
- 21 years of age according to DOT requirements
- Minimum of 2 years experience in propane industry preferred
- Able to possess or obtain CETP Certification
- Class B License
- Hazmat and Tanker Endorsements, preferred, but not required
- Current Medical Certification, preferred, but not required
- Must pass background and drug testing as required by federal and/or state department(s) of transportation regulations
- Ability to plan delivery routes
- Ability to maintain basic logs and records
- Ability to carry out a series of instructions without constant supervision
- Able to remain professional and courteous at all times
- Occassional periods sitting in a trailer cab for long periods of time
- Must be able to lift and move up to 50 pounds at a time
- Pushing/pulling up to 50 pounds at a time
- Occasional exposure to toxic or caustic chemicals/fuels or fumes
- Frequent exposure to outdoor weather conditions
- Generous medical insurance offerings
- Dental and vision plans
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short-term disability
- 401(k) with company match
- Health savings accounts
- Vacation and NOCO Time
- Employee and family assistance program
- Company paid training
- Safety incentives
- Years of service incentives
- Company provided uniforms and PPE
- Boot allowance (twice per year)
- Paid lunch break
This job has expired.