National Standard's integrity - in our people and our wire - is trusted by leading companies across diverse industries. Our wire delivers our energy and safeguards our highways. It frames our skyscrapers, strengthens our tires and softens our beds. National Standard wire is part of the fabric of our country.
A career with National Standard combines great benefits, competitive pay and employee development in a supportive, team-oriented environment. As the premier wire producer for more than 100 years, we are committed to providing excellent opportunities where our employees can learn and advance their respective careers. Come join a team that values hard work, quality, and safety.
National Standard in Niles, MI is currently looking for Machine Operators to work on 2nd and 3rd shift. Competitive pay and benefits available. If you are looking for a better opportunity or looking for a company you can grow with please apply online or in person at 1631 Lake St. Niles MI, 49102.
The Wire Draw Operator will be reporting directly to the Production Supervisor of National Standard at the Niles, Michigan location. In this role, you will be operating continuous wire drawing machines and auxiliary equipment to produce wire to specified tolerances and finish.
- Initiate known work duties and/or receive instructions from supervisor.
- Make all machine adjustments to maintain production levels and product quality.
- Check machines and equipment for operating conditions as required.
- Use hand tools to perform various wire functions as required.
- Operate forklift/hoist/overhead crane to lift and move reels/bobbins.
- Untangle snarls and make repairs to the wire.
- Use wire drawing practice and sets up machine for long run of standard sizes.
- Select rod and load onto cannons using crane and/or forklift.
- Change dies as needed.
- Add lubricants as required.
- Weld and grind wire to ensure continuous flow.
- Use crane and/or forklift to remove completed wire.
- Points wire end and "strings up" machine through dies, around block and dead block.
- Perform minor machine repairs.
- Keep equipment and work area clean and orderly.
- Complete paperwork.
- Record information in the manufacturing data entry system.
- Maintain proper quality standards.
- Observe all safety rules.
- Perform other tasks and duties as assigned.
This job has expired.
- Stand - up to 12 hours per day.
- Walk - up to 2-3 miles per day.
- Frequently lift/pull/push up to 25 lbs.
- Occasionally lift/pull/push up to 50 lbs.
- Climbing Steps - multiple times per day.
- Ability to work on elevated platforms.
- Ability to frequently use hands to feel wire during inspection process.
- Ability to frequently use arms to reach and test samples.
- Must be able to visually inspect for quality defects using color and depth perception.