How do you manufacture the world's cleanest alloy steel? How do you help your customers push the bounds of what's possible? With a smart and passionate team of people who are focused on a strong set of core values, on giving their best every day, and who are proud of the contributions they're making to our company and community. People who want to make a difference .
Relocation may be offered for this position.
The Principal Power Distribution Engineer plans, organizes, and directs resources to fulfill the engineering, design, construction, and preventative/predictive maintenance needs of the plants' medium voltage (MV) power distribution systems. In addition, manages projects, from conceptualization to full installation, with the accountability for any day-to-day distribution issues within the plant to resolve in a timely manner. The Principal Power Distribution Engineer has 24/7 support coverage for the plants and is expected to carry out the Manager - Power Distribution's strategy and objectives.
Preferred Technical Skills
- Responsible for providing Engineering and troubleshooting to support all MV power distribution activities to ensure reliability, plan upgrades, improvements, and complete modernization efforts.
- Responsible for executing the MV Asset Management Policy for TimkenSteel's (TMST) Canton campuses including but not limited to their preventive/predictive maintenance, specification/purchase, identification, and capital development/execution.
- Responsible for coordinating with the regional transmission authority and utility company stakeholders to ensure reliable power is always available for TMST's production needs.
- Responsible for verifying and compliance of the TMST Arc Flash Model, general electrical safety programs, and electrical safety training.
- Ensure compliance with TMST MV Distribution and Industry standards (e.g., NFPA 70, 70E, NETA MTS, IEEE).
- Serve as plant lead of annual power outage days.
- Lead and execute MV power distribution projects to meet desired goal, within required timeframe, delivering expected results, within budgets ranging from a few thousand dollars up to $5M.
- Plan and direct electrical engineering and maintenance resources as required to ensure MV Power Distribution systems are reliable.
- Specifies, reviews, and approves all equipment purchases associated with MV Distribution at the Plant.
- Is accountable for 24/7 support in resolving any MV Power distribution issue that cannot immediately be solved by plant forces either directly or by deploying reports/resources.
- Perform as a recognized MV Power Distribution authority in formulating and directing efforts to solve difficult technical problems, execute projects, and conduct failure analysis with meaningful corrective actions that of exceptional difficulty and significance to the plants.
- Negotiate critical and controversial issues with plant management as required within the company to fulfill project and business plan objectives.
- Perform as plant level distribution relay protection and coordination lead collaborating.
- Demonstrated Project Management Skills
- Power Distribution, Electrical Drives, and Electrical Controls.
- Development and Delivery of Presentations and Reports
- Power System Protection Schemes and Settings
- Electrical/Electronic Troubleshooting Knowledge
- PLC, Network and Process Control Knowledge/Experience
- Ability to Conduct High Level Planning, Analysis, and Investigations
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology with 9 years of experience in project management, technical supervising, designing, maintenance management, plant/project engineering, or power distribution systems/equipment
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering or Engineering Technology with 7 year of experience in project management, technical supervising, designing, maintenance management, plant/project engineering, or power distribution systems/equipment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Nearest Major Market:
Canton Nearest Secondary Market:
This job has expired.