Pre - Analytical Assistant I - Las Vegas, NV
Pre-Analytical Assistant I is responsible for general support functions within the Technical Operations Department.
- Demonstrates an ability to learn the job duties assigned to the Pre-Analytical Assistant I, and develops an understanding of how all the functions in Tech Ops and Specimen Processing work together and how they impact Technical departments and result quality.
- Identifies problems with specimen types, missing information, etc., with regard to sorting, racking, centrifuging, delivery, and storage of specimens; is able to resolve or forward information in support of timely problem resolution.
- Demonstrates an understanding of compliance policies related to test ordering, which requires developing ability to research test order information on translation tables, computer systems, and the directory of services.
- Meets quality and production standards within 6 months of completing training.
- Completes all required written documentation such that it is understandable to others, legible and within the assigned time frame.
- Reports to work on time, and follows attendance guidelines; supports the department's performance in the event of coworker absences.
- Learns additional functions within Tech Ops and Specimen Processing to allow timely progression to the next level.
- Performs other duties as assigned. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities, but rather a general description of work performed by the position.
QUALIFICATIONSRequired Work Experience:
N/APreferred Work Experience:
Previous experience in a production environment Physical and Mental Requirements:
Medical background preferred which includes medical terminology applicable to a clinical laboratory. Skills:
Minimal data entry skills
High School Diploma or Equivalent(Required)