Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for an Plant Manager who will join our Growing Media facility in Fountain, CO! Growing Media, a network of 45 plants across North America, produces branded consumer products such as mulch and soil for lawn and garden care. If you have an entrepreneurial mindset and thrive in a fast-paced operations environment, then you will fit in well as a Scotts Plant Manager. On a day-to-day basis, you will have the responsibility for driving employee engagement, safety, product quality, productivity, order delivery, and customer service. In this role, you have the ability to positively impact the plant's overall performance and our customers' satisfaction.
What you'll do in this role:
- Establish short and long-term operating objectives, ensuring goals are aligned to deliver desired production capacity, shipping, and people capabilities. Apply knowledge of processes, equipment, and system capability to set challenging individual, team, and facility standards.
- Provide day-to-day leadership and coaching to supervisors and hourly associates, driving enhanced plant operations in the areas of safety, production, maintenance, warehousing, shipping, and office management.
- Foster and maintain a high level of customer service through on-time deliveries, responsiveness to customer needs, ensuring all shipped product meets customer quality requirements.
- Establish and monitor plant operating budget and shipments forecast; identify and implement continuous improvement efforts to positively affect profitability.
- Identify possible sources of local raw materials, while monitoring quality and cost-effectiveness; negotiate/manage supplier and vendor contracts.
- Collaborate with operations, regional sales, business development teams, and corporate team members to ensure product supply levels and customer service.
- Build people capability through effective associate relations, hiring, training, and transparent communication for both management and front-line hourly personnel.
- Develop and maintain positive community relations: participate in local activities and/or organizations to promote goodwill and a positive company image.
- Ensures compliance with all environmental, health & safety regulations, ordinances, and permit requirements.
What you'll need to be successful:
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of site-level or department management experience in manufacturing or warehousing. Prior experience leading in a direct store delivery environment is highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of enabling functions of operations including environmental management, quality assurance, capital planning, production scheduling, and private fleet operations.
- Leads with an Entrepreneurial Spirit - curious, actively seek out change, energized by new, tough assignments and overcoming obstacles, resilient, takes well-reasoned risks, and consistently executes.
- Demonstrates strong People Agility - authentic, transparent, self-aware, inspires others to perform at a high level, connects and builds a wide range of working relationships, and values the diversity of thought, style, and perspective.
- The desire to be "hands-on" - this role requires regular presence on the plant floor.
Here at ScottsMiracle-Gro, we believe providing an enriching and engaging employee experience is what sets us apart from other organizations. We recognize our employees are so much more than just their job title so we offer programs and benefits that support them in all aspects of their lives. Wondering how we do it? Below is a glimpse of our highlight reel...
- Our Live Total Health program provides you with options to align to your personal needs. Selections range from medical, dental and visioncoverage for you, your spouse/domestic partner and dependents to an outstanding wellness reimbursement program to an unbelievable 401K match (up to 7.5%)as well as a 15% discount on company stock and much more
- We know ourtalent is our most precious asset and your unique development contributes to our organization's success now and in the future. Career growth at our company is not always a ladder. It's much more like a rock climbing adventure. Grow through exploration and experiences rather than a predictable linear path.
- We value the importance of family. We provide access to Maven Family Planning and up to $30,000 to accommodate for adoption, fertility and surrogacy.
- Be part of something bigger by joining one of our Employee Resource Groups focusing on diversity and inclusion, family, education and sustainability: Scotts Women's Network, Scotts Black Employees' Network, Scotts Veterans' Network, Scotts Young Professionals, Scotts Pride Network (GroPride), Scotts Associates for a Greener Earth (SAGE), Scotts Family TREE and our Associate Boards.
- Join a company with a strong belief in giving back to the communities where we live and work. We have a shared passion for service and volunteerism and believe participating in community service benefits our communities and strengthens our team.
The average annual salary for this position at Scotts/Hawthorne is from $120,000.00-135,000.00. Scotts/Hawthorne will consider various factors in determining the actual pay including your skills, qualifications and experience.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
This job has expired.