At AstraZeneca we turn ideas into life changing medicines. Working here means being thinking big and working together to make the impossible a reality. We're focused on the potential of science to address the unmet needs of patients around the world. We commit to those areas where we think we can really change the course of medicine and bring big new ideas to life.
At AstraZeneca, we are taking bold action on climate because we recognize the connection between healthy people and a healthy planet. As part of our flagship Ambition Zero Carbon program, we have committed to a fully electric vehicle (EV) fleet by the end of 2025, which means that all of our drivers will be assigned an EV.
The AstraZeneca's US BioPharma CVRM Primary Care Team plays a fundamental role to ensuring a comprehensive view of patient care and customer engagement within our Cardiovascular, Renal and Metabolic Disease (CVRM) therapeutic area. AstraZeneca's strategy in CVRM focuses on ways to reduce morbidity, mortality and organ damage by addressing multiple risk factors across CV disease, diabetes and chronic kidney-disease indications. The patient-centric approach is reinforced by science-led programs and technologies, including early research into regenerative methods. As a Pharmaceutical Sales Specialist for CVRM Primary Care Team, you'll play a pivotal role in channeling our scientific capabilities to make a positive impact on changing patients' lives!
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Essential for the role
- You will develop superior product and disease state knowledge and effectively educate and engage healthcare professionals in dialogue about clinical evidence, approved indications, and product efficacy/safety profiles to support on-label prescribing for appropriate patients.
- You will function independently with sales proficiency to drive sales performance and ensure sales forecasts and assigned budgets meet or exceed therapeutic and territory expectations.
- You will successfully complete training requirements, including product examinations.
- By developing and maintain in-depth knowledge of market, demographic, and managed care information relative to your assigned sales territory.
- You will be able to work with your District Sales Manager and Regional Sales Director to develop a local strategy and business plan to generate recognizable increases of sales in your territory.
- You will capitalize on formulary approvals and other opportunities through effective implementation of the Strategic Targeting Plans by using a wide variety of promotional, personnel resources and analytical tools to enhance effectiveness in assigned sales territory, based on local assessment of customer needs.
- You will provide special education to healthcare providers through appropriate programs that fall within AstraZeneca's ethical guidelines.
- Work with Pharmaceutical Sales Specialists around common objectives to coordinate selling efforts.
Desirable for the role
- Bachelor's degree
- A driver's license and safe driving record
- Knowledge of the medical, healthcare or pharmacy industry and skills in clinical; preferably within Cardiovascular, Renal or Metabolic Disease therapeutic areas
- Prior sales experience
- Demonstrated organizational and communication skills
- Demonstrated leadership
- Demonstrated judgment and decision-making capability
- Be results oriented with demonstrated time management skills
- Ability to learn, analyze, understand and convey complex information
The annual base salary (or hourly rate of compensation) for this position ranges from $74,700-$140,700. However, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, our positions offer a short-term incentive bonus opportunity; eligibility to participate in our equity-based long-term incentive program (salaried roles) or to receive a retirement contribution (hourly roles). Benefits offered included a qualified retirement program [401(k) plan]; paid vacation and holidays; paid leaves; and, health benefits including medical, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage in accordance with the terms and conditions of the applicable plans. Additional details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Please note - Candidates must reside in territory and relocation assistance is not available for this position.Why AstraZeneca
At AstraZeneca we're dedicated to being a Great Place to Work. Where you are empowered to push the boundaries of science and fuel your entrepreneurial spirit. There's no better place to make a difference to medicine, patients and society. A culture that champions diversity and collaboration, and always committed to lifelong learning, growth and development. We're on an exciting journey to pioneer the future of healthcare.Next Steps - Apply today!
To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please complete the full application on our website at your earliest convenience - it is the only way that our Recruiter and Hiring Manager can know that you feel well qualified for this opportunity. If you know someone who would be a great fit, please share this posting with them.
AstraZeneca embraces diversity and equality of opportunity. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse team representing all backgrounds, with as wide a range of perspectives as possible, and harnessing industry-leading skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We welcome and consider applications to join our team from all qualified candidates, regardless of their characteristics. We comply with all applicable laws and regulations on non-discrimination in employment (and recruitment), as well as work authorization and employment eligibility verification requirements.
AstraZeneca requires all US employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 but will consider requests for reasonable accommodations as required by applicable law.
This job has expired.