Clickhere to watch a one-minute video about Order Selecting at SpartanNash!
At SpartanNash, we deliver the ingredients for a better life through customer-focused innovation. We do this for our supply chain customers and U.S. military commissaries, retail store guests, and most importantly, our Associates. In fact, we see a day when each will say, "I can't live without them."
Our SpartanNash family of Associates is 17,500 strong, ranging from bakery managers to order selectors; from IT developers to vice presidents of finance; from HR Business Partners to export specialists. Each of them plays an integral role in SpartanNash's People First culture, Operational Excellence, and Insights that Drive Solutions. Ready to contribute to the success of our food solutions company? Apply now!
1100 Prosperity Road - Lima, Ohio 45801
1st and 2nd Shifts Available
Full Time and Part Time Options!
1st shift starts at 8 AM, 2nd shift starts at 4 PM
Must be able to work on Sundays
$17 per hour plus incentives!
Responsible to complete selection orders by selecting products from the warehouse racks and to assemble, palletize and/or shrink wrap products/pallets for customer orders; accountable for meeting productivity, accuracy and safety work standards. May be required to use a variety of powered industrial equipment and may be required to work in dry or cooled product areas including refrigerated and freezer compartments.
- High School Graduate (preferred)
- Must be able to follow verbal (oral) and written instructions
- Able to safely operate warehouse equipment such as pallet jacks and other material handling/industrial equipment
- Must follow safe working practices in accordance with Company safety policies and practices
- Ability to work in multi-temperature areas as assigned (e.g. freezer, coolers, dry conditions)
- Complete selection orders; select products from the warehouse racks/pick slots, assemble, palletize and/or shrink wrap products/pallets for customer orders, and label cases/pallets with order labels in a timely, accurate and efficient manner per Company standards
- Select or otherwise handle cases, boxes, bags, and/or pallets of dry groceries, frozen foods, dairy products, produce, poultry, fish, beef, pork and/or tobacco products and related products as identified on order forms, in the quantities specified, for delivery to customers
- Lift products weighing between 30-60 lbs. frequently and products weighing up to 75 lbs
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment by properly disposing of pallet boards, wood chips, and other trash, etc. and ensuring any spills are cleaned up quickly and according to safety guidelines
- Report damage products and quality issues and notify supervisor of out-of-stock or low volume product(s).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must frequently sit, walk and stand, use hands to handle, grasp, and twist objects, tools, or controls, and use both feet for repetitive movements as in operating foot controls. Must frequently walk, talk, crouch, kneel, bend, stoop, twist, and reach with the hands and arms. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds with assistance as needed. While performing the duties of this position, employees are subject to a warehouse environment and may frequently be exposed to changes in temperature and humidity based on assignment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Employees must be able to work weekends, holidays, days and night hours, and overtime as necessary and as assigned, and must be able to work in the condition specified for 8-12 hours shift as assigned. Travel requirements vary by assignment.
As part of our People First
culture, SpartanNash is proud to offer a robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package.
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veteran, that celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.
This job has expired.