Part-time Environmental Technician
Queens, NY 11105
@Orchard LLC has an immediate opening for a well-established solutions provider within the defense, intelligence, and critical infrastructure sector to identify & recruit a skilled Environmental Technician to support their local government client in Flushing Queens, NY. This will be 6 months project to support field activities associated with the installation of a dry well. This opportunity has the potential for full-time employment after the period of performance for the right fit.
The scope of work includes conducting upwind and downwind perimeter air monitoring and documentation of construction activities as required by a Site Management Plan for the site. The air monitoring results, documentation and photographs will be included in a Periodic Review Report that will be submitted to the local government.
- Applies experience and increasing proficiency in the use of environmental practices, and company policies.
- Conduct air monitoring, photo documentation, and follow work plan and safety plan requirements.
- Regularly interacts with other employees and representatives from a variety of suppliers, subcontractors, and clients on project.
If you are excited by this opportunity and believe you have the experience and talent to be a success in the role, we need to hear from you!
- Minimum of 5-year degree in geology, environmental engineering, science or construction-related field, and 5-8 years of construction/environmental/engineering experience.
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER training (and up-to-date refresher) required.
- This assignment will include working in an industrial environment, potentially under adverse weather conditions
- May require the equivalent of lifting of up to 50lbs repeatedly over the course of a four to five hour period.
- Long periods of standing and walking required.
- Familiarity with tasks and techniques typically associated with environmental fieldwork.
- Requires a fundamental knowledge of environmental sites, and sound safety minded judgment
- Excellent written and oral communication is required
- Successful completion of an occupational capacity evaluation, drug and alcohol testing and background check is required.
Established in 2010, @Orchard LLC, also known as, Talent Orchard has an exceptional reputation, providing staffing solutions to time-sensitive, talent scarcity issues to deliver better talent management ROI. Our specialty lies in the critical area of program talent acquisition and resource management, not in one narrow skillset, but across many areas of technical and functional delivery. To learn more about our other exciting opportunities, visit our Jobs Page at www.atOrchard.com.
This job has expired.