At Oliver Wyman Digital we partner with clients to deliver breakthrough outcomes for their toughest digital challenges.
We blend the power of digital with deep industry expertise to tackle disruption and create impact. By building strong capabilities and culture, we accelerate and embed digital transformation. Our people co-create and grow customer-focused solutions that win. We modernize technology and harness value from data and analytics. We build resilience so our clients are ready for tomorrow's risks and optimize operations for the future. Above all, we work collaboratively with our clients' leaders, employees, stakeholders, and customers to jointly define, design, and achieve lasting results.
THE ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Engagement Manager position offers excellent career and growth opportunities for talented, highly motivated professionals with significant prior experience. As a professional member of our firm, your initial responsibilities will include:
- Managing the execution of individual project modules. This typically includes developing hypotheses, managing data collection, model creation and analyses, conducting primary and secondary research, creatively tackling information limitations, and surfacing insights.
- Supporting our Partner group in project delivery through accurate and high quality case execution
- Owning and developing executive client relationships, presenting to a wide range of audiences, and working day-to-day with clients and other stakeholders.
- Reporting to Principals, effectively seeking guidance on technical and senior-level steer to projects
- Coaching consultants and helping them develop their skill sets
Just as every client project is different, so we recognize and value the diversity of backgrounds and skill sets for successful Engagement Manager candidates. We are seeking high-caliber individuals who want to join our winning team. Preference will be given to candidates with:
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, ideally with a top-tier strategy or IT consulting firm
- Track record of leading and managing teams, and delivering against tight deadlines in fast-paced, demanding environments.
- Strong background in strategic problem solving with demonstrable analytical skills
- Experience leading technology transformation, application and infrastructure modernization and rationalization (re-hosting, re-platforming, service enablement or re-facing) programs in Financial Services
- Understanding of technology enablement in one or more of capital markets, retail / commercial banking, wealth management, payments, and insurance.
- Knowledge of IT and operations strategy topics (e.g. IT strategy, business transformation, operating models, operations optimization, cost take-out, business / product build, digital enablement, big data and enterprise architecture, strategic data management)
- Experience working across varying facets of the technology stack and with various public cloud environments (eg, AWS, Azure, IBM Cloud, Google Cloud Platform)
- Experience developing and executing roadmaps to modernize technology platforms
- Strong familiarity with technology artifacts, including conceptual, logical and physical architecture diagrams
Our team comprises all sorts of people from all sorts of backgrounds. We don't care whether you're loud or quiet, funny or serious, introverted or extroverted. We do, however, ask that you have:
____OUR VALUES & CULTURE
- An undergraduate or advanced degree from a top academic program
- A genuine passion for technology and solving problems
- A pragmatic approach to solutioning and delivery
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- A clear commitment to creating impactful solutions that solve our clients' problems
- The ability to work fluidly and respectfully with our incredibly talented and diverse team
- A willingness to travel (when it is safe to do so again)
We're serious about making OW Digital a rewarding, enjoyable, and balanced place to work.
Unrestricted U.S. work authorization is required for U.S. office locations. Oliver Wyman does not offer sponsorship for this position. Please note that CPT and OPT are restricted forms of work authorization
- We've worked hard to earn our reputation for high quality work. That reputation allows us to work with major brands at all levels on incredibly exciting projects. Combine that with Oliver Wyman's status as one of the Fortune 100 "Best Companies to Work For", and you get a rewarding combination of challenge, support and recognition.
Flat organizational structures, resolute I&D values and a commitment to rewarding good work make for a progression path truly based on merit. A menu of healthcare options, 401k matching, and a culture of continuous improvement means your work gets more rewarding over time.
We want our team members to build a career here-and to be happy. That makes us serious about caring for, mentoring, developing and sponsoring each other.
This commitment also leads to opportunities for social impact and community work on company time.
Our work is demanding, and we want you to have the best work-life balance you can. We'll work with you to accommodate your personal life with flexible hours.
About Oliver Wyman
Oliver Wyman is a global leader in management consulting. With offices in more than 70 cities across 30 countries, Oliver Wyman combines deep industry knowledge with specialized expertise in strategy, operations, risk management, and organization transformation. The firm has more than 6,000 professionals around the world who work with clients to optimize their business, improve their operations and risk profile, and accelerate their organizational performance to seize the most attractive opportunities. Oliver Wyman is a business of Marsh McLennan [NYSE: MMC]. For more information, visit www.oliverwyman.com. Follow Oliver Wyman on Twitter @OliverWyman.
Marsh McLennan and its Affiliates are EOEMinority/Female/Disability/Vet/SexualOrientation/Gender Identity employers.
The applicable base salary range for this role is $225K- $240K
The base pay offered will be determined on factors such as experience, skills, training, location, certifications, and education. Decisions will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
In addition to the base salary, this position may be eligible for performance-based incentives.
We are excited to offer a competitive total rewards package which includes health and welfare benefits, tuition assistance, 401K savings and other retirement programs as well as employee assistance programs.