This job has expired.
Nurse Practitioner/Physician Assistant
Roswell Park Cancer Institute
First Shift (United States of America)
Provides health care services to pediatric and/or adult patients including health promotion, cancer prevention, care for acute and chronic phases of illness as well as patient and family education and counseling; refers patients to other health care providers and community resources when appropriate.
Roswell Park offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Required Education and Experience
License and Certification Requirement:
1. License to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of New York; and
2. Current Nurse Practitioner certification in New York State; and
3. Certification or eligibility for certification as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center or other national certifying body recognized by Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA); and4. Certification or eligibility for certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
Education and Experience:
Master's degree in Nursing.
License and Certification Requirements:
1. License to practice as a Registered Physician Assistant in the State of New York; and
2. Certification as a Registered Physician Assistant by the National Commission for Certification of Physicians Assistants (NCCPA) or other national certifying body recognized by the New York State Education Department; and
3. Certification or eligibility for Certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
Education and Experience:
1. Bachelors Degree in Physician Assistant Studies or:
2. Bachelor's degree and completion of a Physician Assistant Certificate Program recognized by the New York State Education Department.
1. As a condition of continued employment, incumbents must obtain certification in Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) within six (6) months of their appointment to this title.
2. As a condition of continued employment, incumbents must obtain certification as a Nurse Practitioner by the American Nurses Credentialing Center or other national certifying body recognized by Health Care Financing Administration (HCFA) within nine (9) months of their appointment to this title as required by Medicare
3. Required degrees must have been granted by an accredited college or university or one recognized by Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center as following acceptable educational practices.
The preferred candidate will have PALS certification, experience in a Pediatric setting, experience in hematology/oncology, experience with EMR and strong time management skills.
Roswell Park Cancer Institute Corporation (RPCIC) and Health Research Inc. (HRI) Roswell Park Division believe that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunities, and we do not discriminate against our employees, applicants or job seekers because of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, creed, age, disability, pregnancy-related condition, military or veteran status, marital or familial status, domestic violence victim status, citizenship status, genetic information, individual's relationship or association with a member of a protected category or any other protected group status as defined by law.
Additionally, RPCIC and HRI Roswell Park Division are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an e-mail to HR-Benefits@RoswellPark.org or call (716) 845-4700 and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .