Many organizations talk about making a difference in the world. At Farm Credit Bank of Texas, it's more than talk. That's because we have a central role financing the ag producers and businesses that supply the world with food, fiber and so much more. And while you're playing your part helping feed the world, we contribute to your personal success, too, with competitive compensation and a generous health-and-wellness benefits package. You can grow your skills using our online catalog of thousands of training options while working in a modern hybrid workplace located below the bluffs of the Colorado River just northwest of downtown Austin.
We are searching for a Network Engineer II. The Network Engineer II position is part of a team that is responsible for the overall coordination and control of all network services and the provision of system support to IS personnel.
Day-to Day-Duties and Responsibilities:
Working in our hybrid work design you will:
What You Bring to the Team:
- Perform preventive maintenance; maintain backup and disaster recovery strategies, implement network security according to departmental policy.
- Install, support and maintain hardware and software infrastructure according to best practices, including routers, aggregators, switches, Meraki WIFI, and Cisco FTD firewalls.
- Implementation, administration, and troubleshooting network infrastructure devices, including firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points, and monitoring applications.
- Understanding of and implementation of network traffic analysis, remote access methods and systems, stateful inspection firewalls, encryption, AAA technology.
- Develops and updates architectural documentation for network infrastructure.
- Hands-on technical experience working with VPN technologies (IPSEC, SSL VPN, AnyConnect, etc.).
- Provide network and host-based security, incident response, firewall and VPN management and administration.
- Delivers support for Velocloud SDWAN devices in our infrastructure fabric.
- Configuring network services as part of a fast-paced, 24x7x365 network and/or security operations team within our district network infrastructure.
- Configure and populate F5 VIPs within a Load Balancer application.
- Research and test software/hardware for compatibility with existing or proposed systems.
- Work as a Subject Matter Expert for projects as assigned. Subject Matter Expert responsibilities may include requirements assessment, solution development, work with other IS teams, reporting and technical documentation.
- Provide third-tier assistance and training for Technical Support and other Network Administrators.
- Willingness to mentor more junior staff members and interns.
- Develop and maintain technical documentation.
Our ideal candidate lives within a commutable distance from our office and appreciates the value of the hybrid work design.
It's an important role that covers many skills. This position requires:
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience and two (2) or more years' experience as a Network Engineer working in a Cisco focused environment. CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Administrator) strongly preferred.
Solid working knowledge in at least one of the following disciplines
- Administration of Wireless Data Communication solutions,
- Cisco Router and Managed Switch administration
- Cisco Firewall Systems Administration
- SDWAN Technology
- Application Load Balancing (F5)
- Cisco Identity Services Engine (ISE)
- Data Loss/Leak Prevention technology
- Network Monitoring and Alerting
- Cisco Voice Over IP (VOIP)
- VPN Administration
Why Farm Credit Bank of Texas:
- Self-starter who is able to work independently while supporting the needs of the team.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Ability to gather information, eager to learn and apply knowledge with limited supervision.
- Ability to work effectively with multi-functional teams and diverse customer population.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with company leaders and MNA.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and under short timelines
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer comprehensive, affordable, and competitive benefit options that are focused on health and wellness, financial security, and achieving a work-life balance:
Who we are:
- Flexible health-and-wellness benefits, including medical insurance, prescription drug coverage, dental insurance, vision care, flexible spending accounts, and more.
- 401(k) plan that includes an employer match and additional employer contribution
- Long-term disability and life insurance
- Vacation leave, sick leave, and paid holidays
- Option to use sick leave to take your pet to the vet for emergency services
- Up to five days per year to volunteer in local community organizations, services, or events
- Ongoing professional-development opportunities
- Generous tuition-reimbursement program
- Physical fitness incentive plan
- Employer matching gifts program
We are a $36.9 billion wholesale bank that's been financing agriculture and rural America for over 100 years. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, we provide funding and services to rural lending associations in five states and we're active in the nation's capital markets.
Important note: We care about your hiring process and take it seriously. A real person will review your applications, meaning response timelines may vary. The interviewing process at Farm Credit Bank of Texas may include phone calls and emails, on-site interviews, and requests for portfolios or demonstrations of work. We can't personally follow-up with each applicant, and we will do our best to create a professional, respectful, and thorough process for candidates with whom we identify as a potential fit.
This job has expired.