The Mosaic Company (NYSE: MOS) is the world's leading integrated producer of concentrated phosphate and potash-two of the three most important nutrients in agriculture. We employ more than 13,000 people in six countries to serve farmers all over the world. Our Headquarters is in Lithia, Florida with operations throughout North America (U.S./Canada) and South America.
At Mosaic We Help the World Grow the Food it Needs - Apply today and join our team!
Where will you work: Onsite 1361 POTASH MINES RD CARLSBAD, NM 88220
Mine Belt Operator
Identify and correct safety hazards/ issues and perform maintenance and repairs to conveyor system; service mobile equipment; assist in installations and advances. Must be willing to work overtime including callouts.
What you'll do:
What you'll need:
- Must be able to use the necessary equipment and tools to perform the job duties (i.e., belt splicing tools, mechanical hand tools, belt tractor, mantrip, forklift,).
- Must be able to follow instructions, analyze, monitor and learn new processes and procedures.
- Must be able to read, write, and should have a good understanding of basic mathematics.
- Must be self-motivated, skilled in planning, scheduling and exercising independent judgment/decision making with no repercussions.
- Must have a record of good attendance and proven ability to follow and comply with company rules and regulations.
- Attendance record must demonstrate dependability.
- Candidates with outstanding discipline actions for attendance may be disqualified.
- Belt experience preferred.
- Belt Crew (Belt Crew Trainee Grade 8 until training is complete), up to Grade 9 Belt Crew
- Must be able to perform physical tasks involving lifting in accordance with Company policy, frequent stooping, bending, walking, shoveling, etc., in various heights, including low back.
- The ideal candidate must be able to perform physical tasks involving lifting up to 50 lbs., frequent stooping, bending, walking, kneeling, etc. may work in low height (48") mining environment.
- Must have a proven record of the ability to manage risk and hazards associated within the mine environment.
- Must wear all personal protective equipment and follow all safety rules and regulations in accomplishing the job functions.
- The ideal candidate is also responsible for encouraging crew members' compliance with all safety rules and regulations.
- Work record must reflect a high regard for and commitment to safety.
- Participate in Safe-Production Activities.
- Any employee with an active written safety discipline notice or any Final Written Warning of twelve (12) months or less from the date of issue will not be eligible to bid on job postings.
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job has expired.
- Must be able to safely perform the essential functions of the job without posing a direct threat to the safety of his or her own self, or the safety of others.
- Able to lift approximately 0-25 lbs. occasionally.
- Able to climb stairs and work at various heights.
- Able to distinguish varying or specific colors, patterns or materials.
- Able to hear, with or without correction.
- Able to read, write and understand basic English.
- Able to see, with or without correction.
- Able to use fine hand motor skills.
- Able to wear a respirator.
- Able to work rotating shifts and overtime as required.
- Must be able to work a 12-hour shift.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States