Insmed is a global biopharmaceutical company on a mission to transform the lives of patients living with serious and rare diseases. Our most valuable resource is our employees, and everything we do is motivated by a patients-first mentality. We are dedicated to growing our team with talented individuals from around the world who are willing to challenge the status quo, solve problems, and work collaboratively with a sense of urgency and compassion.
Guided by our core values of collaboration, accountability, passion, respect, and integrity, we aim to foster an inclusive, diverse, and flexible work environment, where our employees are recognized for leaning in and rolling up their sleeves. If you share our vision and want to work with the most dedicated people in the biopharma industry, come to Insmed to accelerate your career.
Named Science's Top Employer in 2021, 2022, and 2023
Insmed is dedicated to creating a collaborative environment where our team can thrive. Every day, our employees turn their passion for science and research into innovative solutions for patients. That's why we were named the No. 1 company to work for in the biopharma industry in Science's Top Employers Survey for two years in a row.
A Certified Great Place to Work
We believe our company is truly special, and our employees agree. In July 2023, we became Great Place to Work-certified in the U.S. for the third year in a row. We are also honored to have been listed on the Best Workplaces in Biopharma™, Best Workplaces in New York™, and Best Workplaces for Millennials™ lists.
The (Senior) Director of Medical Affairs role will be responsible for supporting the product through its life cycle via leadership, guidance, and execution of the Medical Affairs strategic vision. This position will report directly to the Executive Director (or Senior Director) of Medical Affairs. Together with the Executive Director (or Senior Director) of Medical Affairs, this role will be responsible for supporting all relevant commercialization activities including launch activities and will be recognized as part of a high value medical team with the external medical community. This role will play a critical role in engagement of the external medical community.
Additional representative responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to, the following:
- Leadership role within a cross functional team of medical professionals in planning and executing all aspects of the integrated medical affairs plans for the asset.
- Responsible for Medical Affairs interactions of external medical experts and leadership of medical advisory boards.
- Provide Medical Affairs support in the development of the asset development strategy, LCM/IIR Strategy, and the design and execution of Phase 4 company sponsored studies, including HEOR studies and registries.
- Provide medical expertise into the marketing strategies for the asset.
- Provide medical support for the review of medical materials, including standard medical information response documents, and materials used by Field Medical.
- Provide medical support in developing the medical communications strategy (abstracts, posters, publications).
- Provide medical support in developing the strategy for Independent Medical Education in compliance with internal processes.
- Provide strategic medical support to Drug Safety for any product alerts in the US.
- Provide strategic support to the evaluation of data gaps and provide support to the processes related to Investigator Initiated Studies.
- Work collaboratively work with key intra- and inter- departmental stakeholders (Field Medical, Medical Operations, Medical Information, Medical Grants, HEOR, Medical Education, Clinical Development, Legal, Regulatory, Commercial, Market Access, etc.
Requires M.D.(highly preferred), MD/Ph.D, DO, Ph.D., or Pharm.D.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a biotechnology or pharmaceutical company, working in Medical Affairs is required.
- Experience in academic clinical research or pharmaceutical Clinical Development is a plus. Specific position level will be commensurate with experience.
- Prior people management is preferred but not required.
- Experience in a growing medical team is a plus.
- Prior experience in Respiratory or related therapeutic area.
- Experience working with HEOR is a plus.
- Demonstrated understanding of legal, regulatory and compliance policies.
- Requires strong business acumen with strategic thinking and highly effective analytic skills.
- Must have excellent communication and presentation skills (verbal and written).
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail, clarity, accuracy, and conciseness.
- Excellent organizational agility and cross-functional approach is essential.
- Must successfully exhibit Insmed's five (5) core corporate competencies of: Collaboration, Accountability, Passion, Respect and Integrity; along with any other position specific competencies.
Up to 20% travel, both domestic and/or international. Salary Range
Insmed takes into consideration a combination of candidate's education, training, and experience as well as the position's scope and complexity, the discretion and latitude required in the role, and external market and internal value when determining a salary level for potential new employees.
The base salary range for this job is from $244,000.00 to $292,000.00 per year Compensation & Benefits
We're committed to investing in every team member's total well-being, now and in the future. We offer a competitive total-rewards package to all employees around the world, including:
ADDITIONAL U.S. BENEFITS:
- Flexible approach to where and how we work
- Competitive compensation package including bonus.
- Stock options and RSU awards
- Employee stock purchase plan
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Professional Judgment Vacation Policy
- 11 paid holidays per year and Winter Break (typically between Christmas and New Year's Day).
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Company-provided short- and long-term disability plans
- Company-provided life insurance
- Unique offerings of pet, legal, and supplemental life insurance
- Flexible spending accounts for medical and dependent care
- Accident and Hospital Indemnity plans
- Supplemental AD&D
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Mental Health on-line digital resource
- On-site, no-cost fitness center at our U.S. headquarters
- Paid time off to volunteer
Insmed Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Unsolicited resumes from agencies should not be forwarded to Insmed. Insmed will not be responsible for any fees arising from the use of resumes through this source. Insmed will only pay a fee to agencies if a formal agreement between Insmed and the agency has been established. The Human Resources department is responsible for all recruitment activities; please contact us directly to be considered for a formal agreement.
Please note that we review every submission, and we will keep all submissions on file for six months.
This job has expired.