Location: Fort Myers, FL
Salary: Dependent on Experience
Judge Healthcare is seeking a Medical Assistant in the North Ft. Myers, FL area!
Title: Medical Assistant
Location: North Ft. Myers, FL
Type of Engagement: Contract
Rate: Competitive and Dependent on Experience
1. Performs all duties within the scope of a Medical Assistant's practice. Operates diagnostic equipment (cannot interpret tests), remove staples from superficial wounds, changes wound dressing and obtains cultures, administers non-intravenous medication, performs simple specimen collection via noninvasive techniques and collects blood specimens via venipuncture or via capillary, performs EKGs. Performs quality control checks on equipment. Prepares and sterilizes medical equipment using the autoclave.
2. Rooms patients according to policy and procedures, prepares patient for examination
3. Records patient care documentation in the medical record accurately and in a timely manner.
4. Coordinates patient care as directed by physicians, company standards and policies.
5. Respects patient confidentiality at all times and treats patients with courtesy and respect.
6. Organizes exam and treatment rooms, stocks and cleans rooms and sterilizes instruments.
7. Practices standard infection control precautions
8. Telephone and in-person screening limited to intake and gathering of information without requiring the exercise of judgment based on clinical knowledge
9. Supports and follows Standard Delegation of Orders (SDO)
10. Performs all other related duties as assigned
Must have qualifications/experience:
1. High school graduate or GED equivalent
2. Current, nationally recognized Medical Assistant certification § Current BLS certification (through an approved American Heart Association Training Center or the Military Training Network) at time of hire or within 30 days of hire
3. Basic computer literacy required, with intermediate Excel skills
4. Knowledge of medical terminology required
5. Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations required
6. Good communication and customer service skills required
Please send your resume to DDeMarco2@judge.com or call 610-617-7445 for immediate consideration.
Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing from and working with you.
The Judge Group