Overview / Responsibilities
Wood has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Mechanical Engineer to join the Conventional Energy Team in Denver.The successful candidate will contribute to the teams overall engineering excellence by providing providing engineering expertise to support exploration/production and midsteam facility design.
We're 40,000 inquisitive minds, on a quest to unlock solutions to the world's most critical challenges.
In addition to a competitive starting salary, we offer flexible work arrangements,outstanding benefits and excellent career opportunities. Are you ready to join team Wood?
Authorization to work lawfully in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Provide definition and approval of technical scopes
- Execute assigned scopes of work.
- Provide discipline expertise to the business including Technical Authority responsibility where assigned.
- Contribute to business growth
- Provide highly technical expertise
Skills / Qualifications Knowledge,Skills and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree required, Master's degree preferred in an Engineering discipline. A combination of education and suitable industry experience will be considered.
- Mechanical Engineer with a strong process engineering background and 20+ years of experience designing facilities and pipelines for exploration/production and midstream companies.
- Direct design experience with production facilities, gas and liquid gathering systems, transmission pipelines, meter and regulator stations, pig launcher/receivers, field and plant compressor stations and gas plants.
- Skilled in multiple disciplines including process, mechanical, and piping with general knowledge of civil/structural and instrumentation. Candidate should be capable of working through the majority of design aspects of a facility with minimal help from other disciplines.
- Familiarity and experience with federal and local permitting requirements.
- Pipeline and facility construction experience is preferred.
- Established long term relationships with Project Managers and Project Engineers with Denver Energy Companies (exploration/production and midstream) with assets in the Rocky Mountain Region.
- Must be able to work effectively to meet and exceed client expectations for existing projects while cultivating relationships and continuously marketing to generate additional opportunities.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.