Basic Job Functions:
Nucor Insulated Panel Group Las Vegas, NV is seeking applicants for the position of Material Receiver (Loader/Unloader). The basic functions of this role for the candidate are:
- Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Unload & receive all incoming materials into the storage area using Forklifts and Combi-Lifts.
- Participates in the receiving process of all raw materials and warehouse parts as prescribed by the purchasing team.
- Assure all bundles of material are accounted for, properly packaged, identified and staged for loading.
- Load all panel bundles & packages accessories on trailers.
- Inspect all material for damage prior to loading on trailers & during load securement.
- Perform all pre-shift equipment inspections.
- Perform all other duties, as assigned.
- Must have a forklift certification or the ability to achieve a certification within 30 days of hire.
- Must have, at least, a medium level of competency with computer skills, specifically Microsoft Excel and Word.
Detailed Selection Criteria:
- Experience operating heavy machinery other than warehouse forklifts.
- Prior shipping and/or receiving experience.
Independence- Ability to work efficiently with minimal oversight.
Attention to Detail- Thorough in accomplishing tasks, no matter how small they may be, and taking care to make sure expectations are met.
Teamwork- Working as part of a coordinated effort with others to achieve a common goal.
Communication- The ability to give full attention to what others are saying and communicating information so others may understand.
Dependability- Being reliable, responsible and committed to fulfilling obligations, Includes being prompt and maintaining good attendance.
Organizing, Planning & Prioritizing- Developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work. Includes re-prioritizing as needed to help the team accomplish an overall goal.
Initiative- Willingness and confidence to take on responsibilities and challenges in an optimistic and proactive fashion. Includes recognizing and taking action to improve safety, quality and efficiency.
Production and Processing- Understanding of how effective time management and flow impacts the production process.
Operation and Controls- Controlling operation of equipment.
Must have supervisor and/or manager recommendation and must be able to perform all essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
This job has expired.