Our company culture is built upon YKK's philosophy called the CYCLE OF GOODNESS™. We believe that providing value and being fair to our customers and our employees is what makes us a successful company in return. Guided by our core values and fundamental behaviors, we strive to foster a caring company, committed employees and challenging work that benefits our employees, customers, and communities. We offer competitive compensation packages, training and advancement opportunities. YKK AP America provides employees with a comprehensive benefits package designed to provide the security they need to enjoy life at home and at work. By providing a high level of benefit coverage at a reasonable cost to the employee, we hope to foster a long and productive employment relationship.
Essential Functions and Key Responsibilities
- Counts, weighs, measures, or examines packaging and contents of items for conformance to company specifications.
- Job requires constant stooping, bending, kneeling, and lifting in excess of 15 to 50 pounds
- Must be able to stand for a minimum of eight (8) hours
- Performs inventory work as required.
- Interprets work orders & pick sheets following written instructions to determine materials or carts to be moved or staged.
- Unloads & examines incoming shipments, rejects damaged items, records shortages & corresponds with responsible parties to rectify damages & shortages.
- Operates a fork truck, side loader, reach lift, or yard truck to move materials, carts, and pallets to and from designated areas both systematically and physically.
- Performs daily maintenance and inspection of assigned lifts
- Assist in combining carts and pallets to better utilize warehouse space
- Keeps assigned work area clean at all times
- Complete any other related duties required and/or assigned by leadman, supervisor or manager
- Ability to handle inventory control procedures not limited to picking, receiving, stocking, and delivery to the correct destinations.
- Must be able to operate hand held scanners or computer to perform necessary transactions
- Verify accuracy of inventory by counting, weighing, or measuring items and comparing size, weight, description, and item numbers with information on invoices or packing slips and purchase orders; record any discrepancies or damages.
- Ability to read, understand, and execute daily pick lists including but not limited to purchased hardware, CSH, and Kanban requirements.
- Communicate effectively with fellow employees
- Submits proper documents and notifications to accounts payable
Qualifications and Skill Requirements
- Be vigilant about safety
- Quality - conscious, oriented to excellence
- High School diploma/GED (minimum)
- Have a good understanding of BPCS & ADC systems
- Good communications and computer skills
- Ability to add & subtract, multiply, divide.
- Knowledge of inventory procedures and transactions
- Ability to carry out detail written or oral instructions
- Reliable and dependable attendance records
- Knowledge of and internal training on hazardous materials (Rec)
Equal Opportunity Employer / Minorities / Women / Veterans / Disabled
This job has expired.