The HORIBA Group of worldwide companies provides an extensive array of instruments and systems for applications ranging from automotive R&D, process and environmental monitoring, in-vitro medical diagnostics, semiconductor manufacturing and metrology, to a broad range of scientific R&D and QC measurements. Proven quality and trustworthy performance have established widespread confidence in the HORIBA Brand.
Inspired by our unique motto, "JOY and FUN," we focus on social responsibilities by building state-of-the-art products for scientific advancement; especially for protecting health, safety, and the environment. "HORIBARIANs," the HORIBA employees all over the world, look forward to working with additional creative and entrepreneurial self-starters.
HORIBA Automotive Test Systems is a leading supplier in the fields of engine test systems, driveline test systems, brake test systems, wind tunnel balances and emissions test systems. More than just the world's leading supplier of emissions testing systems, HORIBA ATS is able to provide total solutions to its customers, with full turnkey capability.
Our North American Automotive group is searching for a skilled, hands on, Manufacturing Supervisor to supervise the day-to-day activities of the mechatronics manufacturing and assembly personnel, while ensuring product quality and delivery schedules are met. If you are looking for a new challenge within a technology forward company, please keep reading and visit our corporate website www.horiba.com to learn more.
- Oversees the progress of all projects in the manufacturing area to ensure they are on target per the Master Schedule and the customer's requirements.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining department performance metrics. Participates in the Non-Conformance Material Report process by signing all non-conformance reports that are generated in manufacturing.
- Maintains adequate inventory levels and ensures the efficient use of supplies and direct material used in the department.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment following HORIBA programs such as ISO 14001 and 5s.
- Performs final reviews of products and systems to ensure conformance to both mechanical and electrical designs.
- Identifies department personnel development and training. Provides input into annual performance reviews for all department personnel.
- Acts as liaison between manufacturing personnel and engineering, material control, quality control.
- Minimum of six years in a manufacturing environment with a minimum of two years in a supervisory capacity.
- Experience manufacturing and assembly of complex engineering systems, potentially involving mechanical, electrical, and electronic components.
- Experience reading and interpreting engineering drawings and an understanding of wiring techniques; basic understanding of medium voltage AC/DC equipment and the assembly and alignment of high-speed, rotating, machinery,
- The maintenance of records, and interpersonal and communication skills at various levels across the organization.
HORIBA Instruments offers a competitive compensation package that includes a 401(k) plan with match; employee group dental, vision, life, and disability (short and long-term) paid for by the company; medical insurance, family dental and vision insurance, and supplemental life insurance available with reasonable employee contributions; employee assistance program; paid holidays, vacation, and sick time; flexible spending accounts; and educational reimbursement and commuter benefit programs.
If you are an individual with a disability and need an accommodation during the application/hiring process, please email Jo Brodbeck or call 248-925-1012 for assistance. HORIBA will provide reasonable accommodations, upon request, to support individuals with disabilities to be able to participate in the hiring process. HORIBA is committed to making our workplace accessible for individuals with disabilities.
EEO/Affirmative Action/Veteran Status/Disabilities.
This job has expired.