We have an opening in our Accounting and Finance department for a Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis. We are passionate about the environment while delivering life sustaining, high quality water service to families and communities. We embrace progress, provide training & development to inspire success in every aspect of our business and culture. In addition, we provide a competitive benefits package and 401(K).
This is a hybrid work opportunity, meaning that employees are eligible to work remotely for part of the work week, dependent on job function and business needs.
* Responsible for financial planning and modeling.
* Manage financial analysis projects and statistical studies.
* Provide key financial analysis and management reporting by managing various monthly reporting processes.
* Provide guidance on investment and project decisions.
* Ensure that project/department milestones and goals are met and adhere to approved budgets.
* Prepare monthly and quarterly business performance reviews for the operating business units as well as the consolidated group
* Assist the external reporting team in the preparation of the actual to actual quarterly and annual analysis in the management and discussion analysis sections of the 10-Qs and 10-Ks
* Prepare the balance sheet variance analysis and analytics SOX controls
* Prepare the financial analysis included in the press release and CFO report to the Board of Directors
* Prepare annual budgets and forecasts
* Assist in the deployment and upgrade of technology tools to support effective and efficient budgeting and forecasting processes
* Work closely with state presidents, department heads and operations to provide them with data driven insights
* Support Accounting & Finance leadership with additional projects as needed
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting Listens objectively to various viewpoints, quickly synthesizes new data, and responds appropriately to various stakeholders across multiple communication channels Prepares and delivers compelling, concise, persuasive presentations Assertively leverages and expands relationships with stakeholders in the Accounting & Finance department, as well as other departments and groups
* 3 to 5 years of experience in public accounting, publicly traded company or a mix of both with a focus on financial planning, budgeting, forecasting, etc.
* Demonstrate extensive knowledge of the financial planning & analysis function.
* Previous experience in the implementation or upgrade of a financial planning software
* Knowledge of business and management principles involved in financial planning and
management for regulated utilities, preferably water utilities
* Strong analytical skills and ability to question status-quo.
* Mindset for continuous improvement.
* Communication Skills:
* Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting
Listens objectively to various viewpoints, quickly synthesizes new data, and responds appropriately to various stakeholders across multiple communication channels
Prepares and delivers compelling, concise, persuasive presentations
Assertively leverages and expands relationships with stakeholders in the Accounting & Finance department, as well as other departments and groups
Grade 10 - Salary
$ 104800.00 - 188600.00
Primary Work Location
93 West Main Street, Clinton, CT, 06413
Work Environment and Physical Demands Code
I - Indoor
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetics, pregnancy, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, protected veteran or other status protected by federal, state, and local laws.