The Manager In Vivo Operations is responsible for the oversight and conduct of the Research Associate staff for in-vivo studies involving the testing of pharmaceutical compounds and medical devices. The Manager In Vivo Operation will also function as a key member of the Absorption Systems Operations Team and function as a liaison between sponsors, internal research scientists, and business development team members.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Manager In Vivo Operations will perform, but not be limited to, the following duties and responsibilities:
- Participate in the scheduling of studies to ensure appropriate resource management
- Ensure that all study supplies are ordered and received in a timely manner
- Lead kick-off meetings with the Study Directors and Research Associates to ensure proper study planning
- Primary point of contact for Sponsors to provide scheduling details and in-study updates
- Manage all studies within the department from proposal sign-off through report finalization
- Work with the Account Managers and Study Directors to design studies that meet sponsors' needs in a scientifically sound and cost-effective manner
- Liaise with sub-contractor labs as well as other internal labs at other Pharmaron sites
- Address customer requests for information promptly and accurately
- Follow internal processes for accurate record keeping of study designs, protocols, data, and reports
- Preparation of study data, protocols and reports as needed
- Coordinate with multiple internal teams including but not limited to Business Development, Study Directors, IACUC, and Accounting.
- Manage the study schedule as well as resource allocation for your department.
- Handle, restrain, dose, and perform other procedures on study animals, as needed.
- Document and maintain study records as necessary.
- Perform all procedures according to applicable regulations (e.g. USDA, FDA GLP).
- Manage the conduct of preclinical studies as Study Director, if needed.
- Address customer requests for information promptly and accurately.
- Follow internal processes for accurate record keeping of study designs, proposals, and pricing logic.
- Manage the activities for Research Associate and junior Study Management Staff in your department, including providing direction to junior employees, scheduling activities, and personnel development of the technical team.
- Perform other duties as directed by management.
Experience working with rodents and large animals. Experience with typical and atypical dosing routes and sampling procedures. Experience with project management and resource management. Ability to perform duties and responsibilities with minimal supervision. Must be flexible to work varying schedules and hours as well as provide comprehensive, after-hours, and on-call coverage as needed. Education
- Bachelor's degree with >5 years' or a Master's degree with 1-3 years experience in a lab setting is required.
- AALAS certification, and/or additional related training are highly desired.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Experience in the technical writing of preclinical study protocols or reports will be considered a plus.
Absorption Systems cares about our work community and offers a variety of benefits allowing employees the opportunity to customize a benefits package that meets their personal needs. Company benefits include the following:
About Absorption Systems, a Pharmaron Company
- Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance Plan with Employer Contribution
- Health Reimbursement Account Funded by Employer
- Healthcare & Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Employee Life and AD&D Insurance 100% Employer Paid
- Voluntary Life and AD&D Insurance for Employee, Spouse & Child(ren)
- Short and Long Term Disability 100% Employer Paid
- 401k with Employer Match
- Employee Assistance Program
Absorption Systems, founded in 1996, assists pharmaceutical and medical device companies in identifying and overcoming ADMET (Absorption, Distribution, Metabolism, Excretion and Toxicity) barriers in the development of drugs, biologics and medical devices. Additionally, Absorption Systems goes deep into each of those areas, offering in vitro, in situ and in vivo models to assess the properties in question. The company's mission is to continually develop innovative research tools that can be used to accurately predict human outcomes or to explain unanticipated human outcomes when they occur. Absorption Systems has facilities in Exton, PA, San Diego, CA, and Boston, MA to serve customers throughout the world.
Alongside of our enthusiasm for science and research, we have a passion to see each and every one of our employees grow and succeed both personally and professionally. We encourage our employees to continually enhance their ability to contribute to the success of the organization and advance their careers. Absorption Systems is committed to creating an environment where individuals are encouraged to grow and work in collaboration with each other while being passionate about innovation. The professional culture of our organization is a goal oriented environment full of internally driven and motivated professionals. Our company is unique in the fact that there is freedom for autonomy to execute and the ability for each employee to grow in directions that align their individual aspirations with company growth.
Absorption Systems is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.