Basic Job Functions:
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.
- Properly follow company and OSHA safety procedures.
- Wear proper PPE as required.
- Perform daily inspections on equipment and report any defects or needed repairs to supervisor.
- Removing metals and debris from conveyor belt.
- Work in outdoor and indoor environments
- General labor duties that may include but not limited to sweeping, shoveling and general cleanup of any area and/or equipment and physical handling of materials, supplies, etc.
- Willing to cross-train in other positions and assist other employees as needed.
- Preventative maintenance and repairs on all equipment but not limited to shredder, eddy current, etc., as required.
- Change liners, grates, hammer, etc. on the shredder.
- Perform other job duties as assigned by the Facility Manager/Supervisor.
- Company offers on the job training.
- Experience using a front-end loader, excavator, forklift, skid steer or scrap handler in an Industrial/Outdoor Work Environment.
- Ability to work standing or walking for up to 12 hours per day.
- Ability to walk up several flights of stairs and work at heights above one-story.
- Knowledge of heavy-equipment operating principles.
- Ability to operate equipment under varying working conditions.
- Stable work history.
- Flexible to work off hours, weekends, and holidays: including overtime and six days a week as required by production as well as in varying indoor/outdoor industrial working conditions.
- Able to complete job tasks safely and effectively without constant supervision.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of hazards and safety precautions common to heavy equipment operations.
- Ability to identify and differentiate metal materials, preferred.
- Ability to understand and carry out written and oral instructions and effectively communicate in English preferred.
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
This job has expired.
- Bilingual preferred - Spanish.
- Strong mechanical abilities (welding, fabrication, knowledge of tools, etc.) a plus.
- Previous maintenance background a plus.