Are you looking for more?
At Mohawk Industries, we're committed to more - more customer solutions, more process improvements, more sustainable manufacturing and more opportunities for our team.
As a Fortune 500, global flooring leader with some of the best-known brands in the industry, Mohawk is a great place to start or develop your career with an emphasis on more of what's important to you. Whether you want to lead more, innovate more, learn more or create more, you can find your more with Mohawk.
Pay rate is 20.64 an hour.
What you'll do:
What you have:
- Operate the peeler machine to cut material to the proper specification
- Use standard operating procedures to perform all tasks in a safe and efficient manner
- Cut work-in-process inventory (log material) to the proper thickness
- Monitor equipment for operational efficiency
- Check, clean or change the cutting blade as necessary
- May perform basic troubleshooting of the peeler machine
- Perform general housekeeping duties to maintain a safe and clean working environment.
- Inspect the cut product to ensure specifications are met
- Perform other duties as required
- Prior experience in a manufacturing setting preferred
- Good oral and written communication effectively interact with others in the immediate work unit and related support areas
- Have a good safety record, and follow safe work practices
- Ability to communicate and write in English
- Convey information clearly, understand and follow verbal and/or written instructions
- Basic math calculations, including the ability to divide
Expected base pay rates for the role will be between $18.23 and $20.64 per hour at the commencement of employment. However, base pay if hired will be determined on an individualized basis and is only part of the compensation package, which depending on the position, may also include commission earnings, incentive compensation, discretionary bonuses, other short and long-term incentive packages, and other company sponsored benefit programs.
Mohawk Industries is a leading global flooring manufacturer that creates products to enhance residential and commercial spaces around the world. Mohawk's vertically integrated manufacturing and distribution processes provide competitive advantages in the production of carpet, rugs, ceramic tile, laminate, wood, stone and vinyl flooring. Our industry-leading innovation has yielded products and technologies that differentiate our brands in the marketplace and satisfy all remodeling and new construction requirements. Our brands are among the most recognized in the industry and include American Olean, Daltile, Durkan, IVC, Karastan, Marazzi, Mohawk, Mohawk Home, Pergo, and Quick-Step. During the past decade, Mohawk has transformed its business from an American carpet manufacturer into the world's largest flooring company with operations in Australia, Brazil, Canada, Europe, India, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Russia and the United States.
Mohawk Industries, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer including disability/veteran committed to an inclusive workplace and a proud Drugs Don't Work participant.Nearest Major Market:
Tacoma Nearest Secondary Market:
This job has expired.