Come Join Our Growing Team!
We have an immediate opening for a motivated individual to join our laboratory in Germantown, MD. This is an opportunity for a recent graduate to make a real impact in a highly scientific and regulated environment, demonstrate leadership, ambition and the desire to grow with the department.
What The Job Entails:
- Work to the Company's quality procedures in accordance with GLP and GCP regulations and be involved in working to and generating a culture of continuous improvement
- Comply with the Company's Health and Safety, MOSH and ionizing radiation procedures
- Participate in the day-to-day operation of the Laboratory, the analysis of samples and associated duties
- Assist in the preparation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and other generic documents (e.g. worksheets and spreadsheets) as required
- Purchase chemicals and other laboratory supplies, gaining financial approval as appropriate
- Receive, process, and analyze samples from Sponsors or Contract Research Organizations using defined analytical methods
- Carry out data processing, QC checking, and data compilation in preparation for report writing
- Contribute to the general laboratory maintenance activities, including equipment calibration and maintenance, laboratory monitoring (e.g. lab/freezer temperatures), general lab clean-up and proper waste disposal
- Perform general laboratory house-keeping tasks
- Contribute to the laboratory sample management process
- Perform sample preparation for the graphitization process including but not limited to: sample homogenization, powder weighing, sample pressing and wheel preparation
- Maintain an up to date training record, ensuring relevant SOPs have been read and understood
This job has expired.
- Bachelor's degree in related field
- 6 months to 1 year of lab exposure from school is preferred