BCforward is looking for a Laboratory Technician for the location Eddyville, IA 52553
Job Title: Fermentation Technician
Location: Eddyville, IA 52553
Shift - Day shift M-F, 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM, but includes occasional evening and weekend work
Work Schedule: 40 Hours with possible overtime. Flexibility to work nights and weekends.
Under minimal supervision, perform a variety of experimental tasks in a fermentation research setting. Duties typically consist of assisting scientists with the set-up, operation, and clean-up of advanced fermentation equipment.
* Assist with the set-up of lab- and pilot-scale bioreactors and ancillary equipment, execution of designed experiments, and bioreactor and equipment clean-up when experiments are complete.
* Perform routine aseptic sampling of ongoing experiments.
* Prepare samples for analysis and analyze samples using a variety of analytical instruments such as HPLC, GC, ICP.
* Assist with general lab duties which include but are not limited to, preparation of sterile growth medium, stock solutions, and reagents for fermentation experiments, as well as general lab cleaning and dishwashing.
* Enter process and analytical data into Microsoft Excel, Word documents, experimental batch records, and a laboratory notebook.
* Provide experiment coverage, as needed, on evenings and, occasionally, weekends.
* Participate in safety initiatives within the organization.
* Associate or 4-year college degree in a science field such as chemistry, biochemistry, biology, microbiology, or related field.
* Laboratory experience via academic or prior position(s).
* Capable of independent work, but seeks clarification, as needed, prior to starting tasks to provide deliverables.
* Display good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
* Computer literacy including Microsoft Word and Excel.
* Knowledge of standard safe laboratory practices and a commitment to working safely.
Additional Desired Capabilities
* Competency in aseptic culture techniques.
* Maintain and propagate existing cell cultures using aseptic techniques.
* Experience in the set-up and operation of lab-scale bioreactors.
The Laboratory Technician will complete routine analytical and laboratory testing in support of the food safety quality and operational teams.
We are looking for a hardworking person who will perform routine analysis of product testing, being responsible for checking and monitoring instrumentation performance and conducting tests for which we are going to provide intermediate supervision. In this role, you will document results into databases and/or communication test results. Help develop food/feed safety, quality and regulatory culture collaborating cross-functionally to build, maintain and improve an effective food safety, quality and regulatory culture. Run calibration checks, preventive maintenance tasks, and simple repair to analytical instrumentation, maintaining customer specifications books up-to-date. Interpret and document results of tests into active databases and communicate results to internal customers as required. Ensure compliance programs for all individual testing, which includes monitoring adherence to regulations and other procedural food safety compliance. Conduct routine quantitative and qualitative inspections and laboratory tests on raw materials, in-process and final products independently, supporting more complex trials and experiments under intermediate supervision. Handle clerical, administrative, technical or customer support issues under general supervision, while escalating more complex issues to appropriate staff. Ability to read and interpret documents (safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals). Write routine reports and correspondence.
Interested candidates please send resume in Word format Please reference job code 204142 when responding to this ad.
Get job alerts by email.Sign up now!