COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Spider Management Company ("Spider Management" or "Spider"), a wholly owned affiliate of the University of Richmond ("University"), is the investment office for the University and a select group of other endowments and foundations. Through a unique outsourced chief investment officer (OCIO) model, Spider Management has approximately $5.8 billion in assets under management, representing $3.1 billion from the University and $2.7 billion from other non-profits including colleges & universities, independent schools, community foundations, and cultural institutions. Spider Management is a dynamic and fast-paced investment management firm, investing a single portfolio across public equity, hedge funds, absolute return, venture capital, private equity, and real assets strategies.
The Investment Operations Analyst is an integral team member in a dynamic and fast-paced work environment that will devote time to investment operations, performance reporting, and cash/liquidity management responsibilities.
Typical work activities may include:
- Analyzes and processes all capital activity and stock distributions for the University of Richmond and The Richmond Fund accounts, including daily cash flow review, projections, and reconciliation.
- Assists with the operational aspects of the investment portfolio
- Assists in maintaining databases/systems used to track the portfolio's performance, cash flows, valuations and holdings.
- Supports the operations and investment teams with cash flow management and interacting with the University's controller's office, investment managers, third-party administrators and custodians as necessary.
- Coordinates problem resolution with colleagues in related functional disciplines including cash management and operations
- Cash Management
- Processes all capital activity and stock distributions, including daily cash flow review
- Prepares weekly cash flow projections
- Tracks and processes fee payments and monthly accruals
- Responsible for calculating and determining accurate journal entries of accounting transactions
- Reviews calculations of capital calls and distributions prepared by the custodian
- Accountable for identifying and escalating any relevant concerns or issues
- Supports investment activities, custodian, and treasury operations functions as needed. Including ensuring efficient cash and liquidity movements for private and public investment processes, derivatives transactions, collateral management, cash projections and reconciliations
- Supports investment portfolio valuations, performance, accounting, and reporting processes for investments as needed. Including review of capital account balances, inclusive of all capital activity, income/loss allocations, performance and fee calculations
- Provides information to support various regulatory, tax, and other external disclosures and filings as needed
- Ensures consistent delivery of accurate, timely and responsive information
- Cross-trains and provides back-up support across mission-critical functions
- Identifies and evaluates process enhancement opportunities
- Serves as primary liaison with selected service providers
- Adheres to operating disciplines and regulatory standards
- Assists other Accounting and Operations team members with other tasks as assigned
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Strong organizational skills, must be detail-oriented and extremely thorough
- Excellent communication skills
- Proficient inputting and extracting information from required systems and databases
- Ability to manage and advance multiple tasks and responsibilities at the same time
- Strong problem-solving skills and demonstrated ability to take initiative and critically analyze processes and procedures in a push toward continuous improvement
- Results-driven with the highest ethical standards
- Interest and commitment to investment management
- Cooperative attitude (Team oriented individual with ability to work well with diverse groups)
- Proficient using standard office software such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook
- Bachelor's degree required
- CPA preferred
- 2+ years of experience in accounting and financial reporting
- Investment operations and accounting experience preferred
- Full-time, exempt position
- Monday - Friday, 8:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.; 7.75 hrs./day; 38.75 hrs./week
At the University of Richmond, we're creative, inclusive, and determined. We're Spiders, and our mission is to create positive change in the UR community and beyond. Located minutes from downtown Richmond, Virginia, the University of Richmond (www.richmond.edu) blends the intimacy of a small college with exceptional academic, research, and cultural opportunities usually found only at large institutions. There's only one place like Richmond.
UR is committed to developing a diverse faculty, staff and student body, and to modeling an inclusive campus community which values the expression of differences in ways that promote excellence in teaching, learning, personal development and institutional success. In keeping with this commitment, our academic community welcomes candidates from diverse backgrounds and candidates who support diversity. EOE