At SpartanNash, we deliver the ingredients for a better life through customer-focused innovation. We do this for our supply chain customers and U.S. military commissaries, retail store guests and, most importantly, our Associates. In fact, we see a day when each will say, "I can't live without them."
Our SpartanNash family of Associates is 17,500 strong, ranging from bakery managers to order selectors; from IT developers to vice presidents of finance; from HR Business Partners to export specialists. Each of them plays an integral role in SpartanNash's People First culture, Operational Excellence and Insights that Drive Solutions. Ready to contribute to the success of our food solutions company? Apply now!
8735 E 33rd Street - Indianapolis, Indiana 46226-6528
Schedule: Sunday 10 am - 6:30 pm | Mon-Thurs 1 pm - 9:30 pm
Pay: Weekly $19/hr also eligible for benefits within 30 days or less!
This role is responsible to support the Inventory Control functions to include performing item maintenance in the warehouse system, assisting with the receiving and shipping processes and facilitating slot placement of items in the warehouse.
Here's what you'll do:
Here's what you'll need:
- Support the inventory process in the Distribution Center through random audits, cycle counting, physical counts, verification of outgoing product, system data maintenance, etc. to ensure accurate and timely records of product inventory while ensuring compliance to inventory processes and procedures.
- Coordinate with various departments (i.e., Buying, Accounting, Shipping, Receiving, Transportation, System Administration, etc. outside carriers, and product vendors to ensure correct and accurate shipping and receiving.
- Prepare inventory related reports and verify inventory balances/records in the Warehouse Management System (WMS) to identify shortages and discrepancies and research inaccuracies within inventory levels.
- Adjust inventory records accordingly to maintain accuracy.
- Monitor the layout of warehouse to optimize efficiency of distribution and inventory placement and assist with slotting in the warehouse to maintain effective use of space.
- Review reports to ensure the slots assigned are comparable for the product received, and update product and location information as necessary to include creating and setting up new locations in WMS and/or other warehouse applications as required.
- Run reports to verify item set up such as code dating, SKU/UPCs ,receipt date and items not shipped.
- Process dispositions of short-dated, perishable product, and aged inventory and is accountable for accurate processing of damage and salvage product.
- Process receiving documentation and perform rebill function for previously out of stock product.
- Process out-of-stocks as notified by selectors and research out-of-stock reason.
- Work with the Receiving department to verify the incoming product is received in the proper quantity.
- Identify, research, correct and communicate out of balance receiving issues to Accounting and/or Inventory Supervisor and perform receiver corrections.
- Communicate pertinent information and issues (i.e., inventory/receiving issues, warehouse out-of-stock inventory, product damage, etc.) to supervisor(s) in a timely manner.
- Participate in rotation of products and perform other duties as assigned.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned as needed.
- High school diploma or GED or combination of education/experience.
- One year of general office experience (required).
- Prior warehouse/distribution experience preferred.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have good math, problem-solving and data entry skills and attention to detail, and effective organization, prioritization and multi-tasking skills.
- Must be able to count inventory and research issues. Basic computer skills including Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), and ability to learn other system applications (WMS, POPs, etc.).
- Ability to work in a team environment as well as independently within a fast-paced warehouse operation. Must be able to work within a warehouse environment.
- Must follow safe working practices in accordance with Company safety policies and practices.
- Must be able to work weekends, holidays, days and night hours, and overtime as necessary and as assigned, and must be able to work in the condition specified for 8-10 hours shift.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must frequently sit, walk and stand, use hands to handle, grasp, and twist objects, tools, or controls, and use both feet for repetitive movements as in operating foot controls. Must frequently walk, talk, crouch, kneel, bend, stoop, twist, and reach with the hands and arms. Ability to lift up to 75 pounds with assistance as needed. While performing the duties of this position, employees are subject to a warehouse environment and may frequently be exposed to changes in temperature and humidity based on assignment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Employees must be able to work weekends, holidays, days and night hours, and overtime as necessary and as assigned, and must be able to work in the condition specified for 8-10 hours shift as assigned. Travel requirements vary by assignment.
As part of our People First
culture, SpartanNash is proud to offer a robust and competitive Total Rewards benefits package.
SpartanNash is an Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability and veteran, that celebrates diversity and believes employing a diverse workforce is key to our success. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all individuals.
We are not able to sponsor work visas for this position.