Praxair Surface Technologies, Inc. (PST), a subsidiary of Praxair, Inc., a global industrial gas company, offers a comprehensive array of high-performance coatings and technologies to the aviation, energy and other industries. By continuously advancing coatings technologies, PST helps customers improve environmental performance, decrease energy consumption, extend component life, improve productivity, minimize downtime, reduce operating costs and produce high-quality products. Additional information about PST is available at
The Electron Beam Operator exemplifies PST values and behaviors, leads the activities within the coating room, and is accountable for the safety of themselves as well as the members of the team. Responsible for operating the EBPVD Coater which utilizes electron beams to apply a thermal barrier coating to aerospace hardware. Duties include monitoring temperature, rotation of hardware, operation sequence, monitoring process alarms and following a production schedule.
- Able to operate complex process equipment
- Attention to detail is critical
- Communicate and work well in a diverse environment
- Positive and highly motivated
- Must be able to sit for long periods of time
- Leadership ability
- Manufacturing experience is preferred
- Other Duties Assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Ability to complete task in a timely manner
- Must be able to read and understand complex instructions and technical specifications.
- Must be able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure
- Occasionally must lift up to 30 lbs. frequent standing, walking, bending, reaching, hand and finger manipulation.
- Occasional stooping, crouching.
- Work Safely
- Ensure compliance with workplace instructions and policies
- Act as Operations Technician as needed.
- Facilitate communication with team members within the coat room
- Maintain own skill level on all jobs needed to process customer parts
- Provide encouragement, coaching, counseling when required within the coat room
- Lead by example in the STOP safety program
- Keep work are clean and organized aligning with 5S standards
PST is a supplier which abides by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). As such, persons considered for this position must be either a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident (green card holder) or otherwise classifiable as a U.S. person under relevant ITAR regulations.
We offer a comprehensive benefits program that supports our employees' and their families' wellbeing and provides the tools and resources our employees need to make well-informed decisions about their physical and financial future.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other reason prohibited by applicable law.
Access to export controlled technology/technical data and/or items required to perform this Position are subject to the laws of the United States (including but not limited to the Export Administration Regulations ("EAR"), 15 C.F.R. Parts 730-799, and/or the International Traffic in Arms Regulations ("ITAR"), 22 C.F.R. Part 120-130) and the company's export control procedures, pursuant to which the release of such technology/technical data and/or items to anyone other than a U.S. Person* may be considered an export to the person's home country and may require authorization from the U.S. Government. Thus, additional information in this regard may be required from applicants for this Position. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
*Pursuant to the EAR and the ITAR, a U.S. Person includes any individual who is granted U.S. citizenship, any individual who is granted U.S. permanent residence (i.e., a "green card" holder), or any individua
l who is granted political asylum or other protected status under applicable law.