Overview / Responsibilities
Our Wood Mississippi Valley Environmental Service line has an exceptional career opportunity for a quantitative Hydrogeologist with groundwater modeling experience. This position offers opportunities to work closely with a team of senior hydrogeologist/modeling staff to provide hydrogeological expertise in support of challenging projects involving baseline studies, site investigation, remediation, and water resources management. The ideal candidate will have experience with multiple facets of hydrogeology with professional experience in numerical modeling, and including water quality, environmental sampling, well installation, aquifer testing and analysis, and other experience in hydrogeology applied to environmental programs. Experience with geological modeling in Leapfrog and data input and output management with ArcGIS as it relates to numerical model development is a plus. Work location can be negotiable among our Knoxville, TN, Nashville, TN, or Lexington, KY locations.
- Support development and preparation of conceptual site models (CSM) related to hydrogeology and contaminant transport.
- Support development and construction of three-dimensional geologic models based on CSM details using software packages such as ArcGIS or Leapfrog.
- Support development and construction of analytical and numerical three-dimensional groundwater flow and transport models.
- Preparing technical reports as they relate to CSMs, groundwater modeling, contaminant transport, and data analysis findings.
- Participate in client-facing activities and regulatory-agency communications, including presentations, webinars and meetings.
- Support in preparation of proposals.
- Design and oversight of hydrogeologic field investigations, including well installation, logging, soil and groundwater sampling, drilling and contractor oversight, and aquifer testing.
- Limited daytime travel and overnight (up to a week) travel required, as needed.
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license and work outdoors in various weather conditions.
Skills / Qualifications
- A bachelor's degree or higher in Hydrogeology/Science/Engineering or related discipline is required
- 3 to 5+ years relevant experience
- Ability to support groundwater analytical and numerical modeling
- Ability to support complex hydrogeologic data analysis as it relates to contaminant transport
- Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with management, staff, and clients
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Current OSHA 40-Hr HAZWOPER training - preferred
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
This job has expired.