Come join our awesome team as a housekeeper at The Homestead at Maplewood.
The Homestead at Maplewood is part of Volunteers of America National Services which serves as the Housing and Healthcare affiliate of the Volunteers of America parent organization.
Housekeeping Job Highlights:
• Generous "refer a friend" bonuses
• 403(b) Retirement Plan;
• Career scholarships;
• Quality training, continuing career education and leadership programs;
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
• Paid Time Off (Vacation, Holiday & Sick Days)
About the job:
This is a unique and rewarding opportunity to really make a difference in the lives of seniors in your community. You will make a difference by providing companionship and much needed human interaction for our residents who have been separated from their loved ones due to the pandemic's restrictions on visitors.
Our residents will look forward to you cleaning their apartments and will be so happy to have a visitor to interact with.
This is a part time, every other weekend position.
- Cleaning of all areas within the facility ultimately creating a clean and comfortable environment.
- Monitors and follows reporting procedures for areas in need of maintenance.
- Be a friendly face, in this time of need, for our residents.
: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be willing to work in a Healthcare /Senior Living environment that is taking precautions for COVID-19.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Previous institutional housekeeping/cleaning experience preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow procedures, work assignments, instructions, warnings and labels.
- Adequate strength, endurance and coordination to meet the strenuous physical demands of such responsibilities as dusting, mopping, vacuuming and scrubbing.
- Ability to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Ability to utilize computers and other electronic devices for tasks such as timekeeping, in-servicing and documentation.
The Homestead at Maplewood is a senior living and assisted living community situated in Maplewood, Minnesota, just a few miles away from St Paul and Minneapolis, MN, the "Twin Cities". At the core of our community, we emphasize the importance of compassion, empathy, and personal attention when it comes to providing our senior residents with the care and friendliness they deserve. We treat our staff like family, and are passionate about providing them with the resources they need to give residents a place they can call home.
In our 2022 Great Place to Work survey, employees said their work has a special meaning: this is not "just a job".
Help us make the Homestead at Maplewood a home. Apply today!
we celebrate sharing, encouraging and embracing diversity. Equal employment opportunities are available to all without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, parental status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that blending individual strengths and unique personal differences nurtures and supports our organizations' shared commitment to our mission and creates an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone feels valued and has the opportunity to do their personal best.
Volunteers of America National Services requires COVID vaccination for all employees, volunteers and contractors. We care for individuals who are most susceptible to advanced COVID illness and death. We are committed to providing the safest environment possible for those we work alongside, and for those we serve. We have a formal process for, and do consider religious and/or medical requests for exceptions.
This job has expired.