What you'll do at
What you'll do...
At Sam's Club, we are member obsessed. We look to add value to the Sam's Club membership, and we partner with suppliers to bring unique and exciting values to our members.The Sam's Club Member Access Platform (MAP) is the nexus of the Supplier -Marketer- Merchant partnership and are responsible for delivering our suppliers (advertisers) impactful omnichannel member experiences that are married with measurable insights.
This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing, highly visible team within Sam's Club. We believe all digital advertising can be targeted and accountable - and we have Sam's Club first party membership sales data to prove it. MAP wins when suppliers invest in digital media to drive growth; Sam's and our supplier partners win when your digital expertise helps sell more goods online and offline. Growth in our digital advertising business is key to fueling Sam's overall growth strategy.
As MAP's Head of Ad Operations will be responsible for creating the vision and strategy on campaign planning, trafficking, optimization and reporting of our retail media business to effectively achieve MAP's revenue and margin goals. This role will be an integral player to scale and grow the advertising capabilities and business as part of Sam's Club expanding portfolio of solutions for partners with the goal of creating scalable capabilities that improve Sam's Club MAP operational excellence. This role will report directly into MAP's Head of Operations.
The role will lead the Ad Operations team's efforts to work cross-functionally to ensure campaigns are set up for success by liaising between sales, merchant, advertisers to ensure effective strategy, onboarding, trafficking setup, and distribution and delivery of campaign assets for advertisers' advertising campaigns.
As MAP's Head of Ad Operations, you are responsible for 4 functional areas within the MAP Operations team; Media Planning & Strategy, Campaign Management, Tech Operations, and Search Performance team. The ideal candidate is able to effectively synthesize multiple inputs both quantitatively and qualitatively and distill it down to the most salient points. You can succinctly communicate to executive leadership through strong verbal, written, and visualization.
- Lead and develop an Ad Operations team delivering flawless execution across media properties. Includes day-to-day team management, as well as goaling, coaching, and fostering career development.
- Provides strategic leadership for the planning, trafficking, management, and optimization of advertising campaigns leveraging 3rd party platforms (Order Management Systems, Google Ad Manager, DSPs, Pinterest, etc.).
- Manage account and project assignments of team members to effectively balance their workload and continued professional development.
- Elevate partnership and work with internal teams to ensure that campaigns meet and deliver client requirements and expectations.
- Partner with Product/Engineering and Business Systems team on prioritization, development/implementation, testing and rollout of ad tech enhancements and new features.
- Research and evaluate new platforms and systems that could improve our ad delivery workflows
- Support effective change management and own the roll out of process improvements and related documentation, training, and reporting. Create meaningful feedback loops to evaluate effectiveness of initiatives and support future iterations.
- Determine and direct operational priorities connected to new business and customer acquisition, growth, customer success (retention) to effectively achieve revenue goals
- Responsible for driving strategy with internal teams to build efficient and scalable processes that ensure all aspects of campaign planning and setup, management, creative implementation, and billing are successfully delivered - including identifying process and product inefficiencies with creative solutions to improve operational workflow within the ad journey.
- 10+ years in Digital Ad Operations and Campaign Managementin ahighly matrixedcompany
- BA/BS degree in Advertising, Economics, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience
- 5 years of experience with ad servers and ad management technology (GAM, DMP, SSP, DSP, OMS)
- Excellent communicator, across multiple levels/functions with the ability to influence and drive action
- Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to translate quantitative details into clear, succinct summaries and recommendations for peers, sales, and executive audiences
- Experience developing or overseeing quantitative analysis and delivering actionable insights
- Strong working knowledge of Ad network/Ad exchange/DSP/SSP/Publisher
- Experience with Salesforce, SQL queries, Omniture, and business intelligence tools (Tableau, Datorama, etc.)
Benefits & Perks
- Deep familiarity with CRM and ad serving platforms (Salesforce, Google Ads Manager, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, startup like environment
- Excellent time management skills with a focus on execution, ability to juggle multiple urgent requests and prioritize responsibilities
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more. Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people. Who We Are
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, operating almost 600 clubs in the US. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business
At Sam's Club, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
The annual salary range for this position is $140,000.00-$260,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentivesMinimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor degree in business or related fieldPreferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Experience in related field, Leading large teamsPrimary Location...
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America About Sam's Club
Sam Walton opened the first Sam's Club in 1983 to meet a growing need among customers who wanted to buy merchandise in bulk. Since then, Sam's Club has grown rapidly, opening more than 600 clubs in the U.S. and 100 clubs internationally. By offering affordable, wholesale merchandise to members, Sam's Club helps make saving simple for families and small business owners.
Sam's Club employs about 110,000 associates in the U.S. The average club is 134,000 square feet and offers bulk groceries and general merchandise. Most clubs also have specialty services, such as a pharmacy, an optical department, a photo center, or a tire and battery center.
Sam's Club is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.Hello, Silicon Valley
You don't have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.
This job has expired.