Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.Eurofins believes it is a global leader in food, environmental, pharmaceutical and cosmetics products testing and in agroscience CRO services. It is also one of the global independent market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, CDMO, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to over 50,000 staff across a network of more than 900 independent companies in over 50 countries and operating more than 800 laboratories. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products, as well as providing innovative clinical diagnostic testing services, as one of the leading global emerging players in specialised clinical diagnostics testing.
In 2020, Eurofins generatedtotal revenues of EUR € 5.4billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
Become your most extraordinary self! Our team is intensely proud to be a major provider of services and products to the drug discovery research industry. Join Eurofins DiscoverX Products, LLC,part of the Eurofins Discovery ™ group of companies serving serving global clients in the Pharma and Biotech industries. Work alongside industry experts and collaborate with team members to directly and positively impact human health worldwide!
We have a philosophy to support work life balance, career progression opportunities and offer many benefits such as formal mentoring programs, tuition reimbursement, extensive career training programs, competitive health benefits, paid time off and 10 annual paid holidays.
Eurofins DiscoverX (EDRX) is a leader in providing innovative solutions to the pharmaceutical industry by developing, manufacturing, and commercializing cell lines, cell-based assay kits, and supporting reagents. Eurofins DiscoverX is seeking a driven scientist level III to fill an important role within our genome engineering and assay development team. The successful candidate will be responsible for evaluation and implementation of a landing pad method (safe harbor locus) to be used for engineering EDRX cell lines as well as perform other cell line engineering projects using various established technologies, including variants of CRISPR/Cas9, viral transduction (lentiviral system) for introduction of transgenes and/or reporters to support product development and client-driven custom projects.
- With general guidance from group leader, perform experiments to evaluate an appropriate landing pad (e.g. safe harbor locus) technology for several defined applications
- Establish and document appropriate workflows (including instrumentation, protocols/SOPs, and tracking) to implement the use of chosen landing pad technology for routine cell line development
- Use various genome/cell engineering technologies, including, but not limited to, landing pad technology, CRISPR/Cas9, shRNA/siRNA, or viral transduction (e.g. lentiviral) to support R&D assay development teams to facilitate rapid development of novel and innovative assay platforms for Eurofins DiscoverX product portfolio or custom development projects
- Perform proof-of-concept experiments to evaluate additional new technologies or extend current EDRX technologies to new cell types, including primary cells and iPSC's, or new target classes.
- Provide appropriate documentation and technical support for downstream users of novel assays, including contributions of protocols and scientific content to user manuals, posters, client reports, etc.
- Present results in both written and oral format and deliver data to appropriate stakeholders within a multidisciplinary team environment.
- Demonstrate and promote the company vision
- Regular attendance and punctuality
- Conduct all activities in a safe and efficient manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Own the accountability and responsibility of delivering to client needs and timeliness
- Provide cross-functional support to other departments as required
- Adjust work hours as needed to meet client deadlines
- Adhere to site employee health and safety (EHS) requirements
- M.S. or PhD in cell biology, molecular biology, or a related discipline, with a minimum of 2 years of industry (preferred) or 3 years of academic experience with career focus in experimental biology.
- Extensive mammalian cell culture expertise with immortalized cells required.
- Hands on experience with various transgene delivery systems, particularly lentiviral or retroviral transduction system
- Hands on experience with basic molecular biology and biochemistry techniques, including nucleic acid purification, PCR primer design, genotyping, sequence analysis and Western Blotting
- Applicant should be familiar with basic NCBI genome analysis tools, genome browsers such as Ensembl, and molecular biology tools such as SnapGene.
- Previous experience with cell line transgenesis into safe harbor sites (landing pads) or other gene editing technologies (e.g CRISPR/Cas9, TALENs, etc) is strongly desired
- Previous experience performing primary cell culture or generation / handling of iPSCs is desirable
- Experience with flow cytometry and cell sorting is highly desirable
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and productively in a fast-paced, highly collaborative and diverse team environment.
- Eagerness to learn and adopt new methods, and open to innovative and challenging projects
- Strong collaborative and communication skills, with a proactive attitude
Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Fremont, CA are encouraged to apply.
Eurofins is aM/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
This job has expired.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays